Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to look at an '01 GT tomorrow that had a transmission swap (auto to manual). The previous owner was a Ford tech and did most of the work, so I'm not too worried. My question is that when he did the swap, he never got the correct connector for the traction control system (or so I was told), and so the system is permanently off. What would I need, and how much would it cost to get the parts to get the system back up and running? Thanks!

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Traction control is independent of the transmission. Perhaps there is an issue with the VSS which is sent to the EEC from the transmission.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Actually the trac control can be off if the ABS system has an issue. I have seen that case alot and 2 of my buddies 99-04 GT and Mach1 have that issue.
The trac control light will stay illuminated but the abs light wont always be on. I personally like it that way cuz I turn the trac off every time i drive in case I step on it hard and dont want to worry about my engine being cut out.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Actually the trac control can be off if the ABS system has an issue. I have seen that case alot and 2 of my buddies 99-04 GT and Mach1 have that issue.
The trac control light will stay illuminated but the abs light wont always be on. I personally like it that way cuz I turn the trac off every time i drive in case I step on it hard and dont want to worry about my engine being cut out.
It remains independent of the transmission, and to the best of my knowledge does not rely on the output shaft speed sensor or any other transmission related switch/sensor.

Does the speedometer read correctly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.