Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea so I painted the 351 I am putting in my car and my cousin walks in the shop and starts laughing and says "Why did you do that, it looks like a tractor motor now."

On a side note, does anyone else hate when people call engines motors? Motors are electric!

·
Registered
19 Posts
He's right...it does look like a color used by one of the major tractor manufacturers. I'll send this pic to a farmer buddy of mine and he can tell us which one.

Tony

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's Ford Blue. Anyway I guess it gets the point across. I wanted it to look pretty much stock and/or bland. I wanted that. Something that would be easy to clean. This way works since it's mostly one color, also because of the color if it ever flakes or gets scratched it'll be easy to fix.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The only blueish head weren't from tractors but International truck heads. I've seen tons of green, black, red, and yellow, but only a few blue?!?

So, in my books, it doesn't look like a tractor motor...I just said motor!!!!

That is goofy...have you ever seen a starter engine on a gasoline motor?!?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Technically gas engines are motors, too.

From Merriam-Webster:
* Main Entry: 1mo·tor
* Pronunciation: \ˈmō-tər\
* Function: noun
* Etymology: Latin, from movēre to move
* Date: 1586

1 : one that imparts motion; specifically : prime mover
2 : any of various power units that develop energy or impart motion: as a : a small compact engine b : internal combustion engine; especially : a gasoline engine c : a rotating machine that transforms electrical energy into mechanical energy

* Main Entry: 1en·gine
* Pronunciation: \ˈen-jən\
* Function: noun
* Etymology: Middle English engineering, from Anglo-French, from Latin ingenium natural disposition, talent, from in- + gignere to beget — more at kin
* Date: 13th century

1 obsolete a : ingenuity b : evil contrivance : wile
2 a : something used to effect a purpose : agent, instrument <mournful and terrible engine of horror and of crime — E. A. Poe> b : something that produces a particular and usually desirable result <engines of economic growth>
3 a : a mechanical tool: as (1) : an instrument or machine of war (2) obsolete : a torture implement b : machinery c : any of various mechanical appliances —often used in combination <fire engine>
4 : a machine for converting any of various forms of energy into mechanical force and motion; also: a mechanism or object that serves as an energy source <black holes may be the engines for quasars>
5 : a railroad locomotive
6 : computer software that performs a fundamental function especially of a larger program

·
Registered
336 Posts
if im talkin to a ******* i say motor. talkin to a yankee, its engine. if its a woman its "that big thing under the hood"

·
Registered
19 Posts
old ford blue is lighter than ford blue, i dont know what year is old and what year is new. but its a light and dark blue. curtis

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oreillys had Old Ford Blue, Ford Blue and Dark Ford Blue. I got Ford Blue. If I have to I can take a pic of the can.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts