Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site and love it. I have an 05 mustang gt with 60k miles on it. I'm about to start building it up to run 12 flat. Before I start I sell cars. We just got an 05 mustang gt like mine with only 36k miles on it. To trade it will cost me about 2k-3k more than what I owe on mine. What do you think guys. I know my car hasn't been dogged out or nothing. Don't know history of the new car.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Don't do it. 60k isn't a lot of miles, especially if you are now going to make it a race machine. Save that money and put it into mods.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
OR.. sell it and buy a 5.0 when it comes out :D

That's what I'd do.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
In 2010.. soon :)

The 2011 6cyl Mustang is supposably FASTER than the current GT. And the GT is supposed to have a new 5.0 with over 400hp stock. If I had the dough.. and didn't just outright buy a GT not to long ago. And I actually raced the car..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for help guys. Think I'll just keep mine. 2-3k can get me started pretty well on my future 12 sec car. I'm gonna have pics up soon on mine i have to find another camera. mine broke. Mine is white with the red leather interior with red racing stripes. the one i was looking at is same package but metallic blue with grey interior. now to figure out how i'm gonna get to 12.

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
From a Ford rep at the Richmond race last weekend: "The 2011 model is set to come out in the second quarter or next year". No specific info about the engine or anything, but atleast we now know when to expect them :)

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
The 5.0 has been all but confirmed. It's going to be there.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Thanks for help guys. Think I'll just keep mine. 2-3k can get me started pretty well on my future 12 sec car. I'm gonna have pics up soon on mine i have to find another camera. mine broke. Mine is white with the red leather interior with red racing stripes. the one i was looking at is same package but metallic blue with grey interior. now to figure out how i'm gonna get to 12.
That are your current mods?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That are your current mods?
yeah i've had the car since 05 and been racing my 95. i sold it and now gonna build this one up. not gonna do any mods until i know exactley what i'm gonna do. thinking bout doing 2.6 kenne belle 10psi, driveshaft, upper lower control arms. boost a pump, electric water pump, and a little more supsension. i'm gonna have a thread with suggenstions.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
While you are at it, ask for suggestions too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts