Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many of you guys would trade your 05-07 GT for a '04 cobra with 17,000miles. I've always wanted a cobra and this has the color that I want. What would you guys do?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so your saying yes then huh juco.

hey great story. i told my dad the tires i wanted nitto 555 and he told his friend that works at a tire dealer ship and they quoted him $300 per tire....funny huh. I called discount tire where i'm originally from and they told me $175 or so w/ all the works.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hell no, I passed one up when I bought mine. Great power but the ride sucked for living in the north.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hell no, I passed one up when I bought mine. Great power but the ride sucked for living in the north.
well i'm in Oklahoma City, Ok. and its only cold aout 3-3 1/2 months out of the year. Dec-March

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I liked it, but it would have been a weekend car. The ride one the one I bought was really stiff, and with the way the roads are in Ohio. It would have trashed it.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Nah i found a Screaming yellow, competition orange and a mystic cobra. All in coupes and verts and i passed them up for my stang. I love the S197

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont get me wrong i love my s197 but how many 03-04 cobras do you see out there. I see s197's all the time.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Dont get me wrong i love my s197 but how many 03-04 cobras do you see out there. I see s197's all the time.
when i went to pick up my 96 from the gear shop today i saw about 15 03-04 cobra's and 1 s197 in the parking lot:). (i'm not kidding either)

·
Registered
870 Posts

Well im in a mustang club down here in so cal. I go to meets and see @ least 2. I got to cruises from our club and see 4-5. I go on bigger cruises and see about 20-40. I go to the track every thursday and see @ least 10 03-04 cobras running and at least 4-6 in the parking lot. I see a ton of S197s around but 80% of them are V6s. The other 10% are bone stock GT's and the other 10% are your average colors.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
totally different here in oklahoma. not many people have cobras here.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Personally i think the 03-04 cobras where cool when they first came out. in the past 2 years every one and their moms has bought one. Im just tired of seeing them around.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
totally different here in oklahoma. not many people have cobras here.
I'm driving the same roads you are and know the feeling about 197's. Especially on tinker, there must be 50 197's on tinker everyday. I guess your delema comes down to what you plan to do with your car. I got mine because of it's retro look and as a guy looking at 40 it was the car I always wanted and couldn't afford when I was younger.

If my plan goes well she will be a toy for about 2 more years and then become part of my one car museum!!! I'm even building a new garage just for her. So hell no I wouldn't trade her for anything. :no

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
do you work on Tinker 07GT-CS. If so where. I'm on the south side by south alert ramp

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey 07stanggt, have you put those new mods in. If so what was the outcome

1 - 20 of 44 Posts