Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time GM fan but traded my 2010 Camaro for the Mustang. I had bought the automatic and had several problems which couldn't be fixed or replicated. My best time with a CAI and catback was 13.6 (adjusted to 13.4). Stayed with it a year as I watched bugs chip the paint and cringed every time someone looked at the three different colors of white on my car. My last service visit I had enough and went to the closest Ford dealer who gave me a really good deal on the Camaro. Haven't looked back since.

The mustang lacks some of the Camaros charm but more then makes up for it under the hood. 700 miles and so far the MT-82 has been perfect with the engine feeling much stronger then the Camaro did. Should be hitting the track this week to get a baseline run.

Bought the wife tires a few weeks ago so she agreed to get me the AirRaid CAI and Bama tune from American Muscle. Even in my short time with the Mustang trying to figure out whats what on the forums, I have run into these guys everywhere. I sent a PM to Chris on another board and got an honest quick response. I think I am going to have a LOT of fun with this car!!

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Good choice! I was a GM fan for a while too.. but you know what, Mustang is just a different type of car. It feels more personal, and everyone body who has a Mustang is your friend and willing to help. There's a ton of parts and great places to buy them from, including American Muscle, my favorite place. You will have a lot of fun.

Too bad about the Camaro, but hey, the Mustang at first may not look as visually unique but that leaves a lot of room for improvement for the exterior. There's some nice body parts you can get. ROUSH.

:shiftyeyes

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Glad you found out where you belong in life. Congrats on the new blue and welcome

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Long time GM fan but traded my 2010 Camaro for the Mustang. I had bought the automatic and had several problems which couldn't be fixed or replicated. My best time with a CAI and catback was 13.6 (adjusted to 13.4). Stayed with it a year as I watched bugs chip the paint and cringed every time someone looked at the three different colors of white on my car. My last service visit I had enough and went to the closest Ford dealer who gave me a really good deal on the Camaro. Haven't looked back since.

The mustang lacks some of the Camaros charm but more then makes up for it under the hood. 700 miles and so far the MT-82 has been perfect with the engine feeling much stronger then the Camaro did. Should be hitting the track this week to get a baseline run.

Bought the wife tires a few weeks ago so she agreed to get me the AirRaid CAI and Bama tune from American Muscle. Even in my short time with the Mustang trying to figure out whats what on the forums, I have run into these guys everywhere. I sent a PM to Chris on another board and got an honest quick response. I think I am going to have a LOT of fun with this car!!
Congratulations and welcome!!

Let's see some pictures bud!

I worked for Ford for quite awhile and let me tell you, you made the right choice. I got a chance last summer to drive the 2011 5.0 Mustang, 2010 Camaro SS, and 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8, all back to back to back out on a road course, and honestly there was no comparison. The Mustang out-handled, out drove, and flat out outperformed the others. The Camaro, though it had good low end torque, felt like driving a tank and had ZERO visibility (found myself hitting three cones on a road course because of this). The Challenger...well...it looks good? :dunno. The Mustang was just a much better car all around and I think you definitely will enjoy it a lot more.

Welcome to MM btw. Good to have ya here!

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
:wave Welcome to Modded Mustangs!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the warm and fuzzy. I put up some pics in the garage but not sure if this will link or not..
I was a little surprised at how much different the two cars are. I had read the Mustang had more backseat room but seems the same to me. It definitely has less storage space. The stuff from my glove box wouldn't even come close to fitting :D I did like the digital speedo and its probably the only thing I really miss. Looking at a pair of interceptor gauges to take care of that though. Really that is my only gripes but have a ton of pluses.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/garage-member-45242/

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pretty sweet lookin ride man. you can never go wrong with the black
I thought that too until the 1st time I washed it. :mad: I figured out my softner was out of salt so the next time went much much better :D

I know I need to make another photobucket account. The only thing is I hardly ever use it and always forget the name/passwords! Not sure why you can't link to pictures from the garage?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts