Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to let my old sixer go. I'm aiming to get at least a 2005 gt, but it all depends on how good of a deal I can find. Now to the question... I know some of you HAVE to have kids, so how well does an infant seat fit in the car? I know it won't be "simple" bc I know what it's like fitting one into an sn95, but will the new car be at least a little bit easier. Thanks. Some pics would def help me out too. Thank you all

·
Registered
25 Posts
No pics, but my 4 year olds seat fits fine in the back of my GT, but hers is forward facing. The infant ones are rear facing which could be trickier, but still doable. Take the kid with you on a test drive and find out!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I plan on doing, for now I'm just trying to prove to the ol' lady that it won't be impossible. Dealing with the car seat for like a year is definitely worth it IMO. Like I said I just want to prove to her that it can be done and prove to her that the mustang won't be a "waste"

·
Registered
253 Posts
Infant did ok back there... but due to bulkiness felt like it slid around sometimes...so had to be very cautious.

·
Registered
272 Posts
So I'm going to let my old sixer go. I'm aiming to get at least a 2005 gt, but it all depends on how good of a deal I can find. Now to the question... I know some of you HAVE to have kids, so how well does an infant seat fit in the car? I know it won't be "simple" bc I know what it's like fitting one into an sn95, but will the new car be at least a little bit easier. Thanks. Some pics would def help me out too. Thank you all
This has nothing to do with your question but I just went from a 2006 v6 mustang to a 2008 GT mustang and it is alot more fun, I am already wanting to make more power and start modding. I guess its an addiction. I get 100 more hp and already feel I want more lol. Anyways you will be very happy with your car. good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know exactly how you feel. My v6 is a beater tho. It's all stock and looks like ****. It started as a project turned daily driver and I ended up giving up on modding it. I want the gt. And I want reliability. The gt is the way to go. And like my original question stated I just gotta prove to my fiancé that it will work with our son

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How did it work out with the passenger seat? Assuming you had the seat on the passenger side of the car. Could a passenger fit in the front At least somewhat comfortably?

·
Registered
691 Posts
well i dont have a child of my own but my buddy owns an sn95 and there is quite a bit more room in the rear of the s197 than the sn95 so if you can fit it now, you should have an easier time with the new GT in my opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The rear seats are more like bucket seats. I believe the car seat will sit in fine on the seat. I have a 2 year old that rides in a front facing child seat and have no issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I thought the s197 had a good bit more room in it. Well now to wait for the financial aid check then I can go shopping. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2yr old son sits in a front-facing car seat which is behind mine(safest place IMHO) in my GT. Has No problems with comfort at all. Taking it out and putting it back in is a breeze as well. Can get the car seat out with in a few minutes if I ever need to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts