Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be a die hard chevy/pontiac fan I had a 92 rs with a 350 pushing around 400hp and i loved that car. I was on my way to a going away party for me before i left for basic. thats when tragedy struck i was hit by a drunk driver totaling my car and putting me in the hospital delaying me leaving. i needed a car so i started looking all i had was 3k i found a 96 mustang v6 for 2300 so i bought it. it wasnt a bad car but wasnt what i wanted. i kept the car till i came home from iraq my first time then decided it was time to get rid of it i started lookin for a new car was opting for a 01-02 camaro ss or trans am. till i came across my 01 GT vert i stopped to look at it the guy was only asking 3500 cause of a knock (turned out to be the mains) i ended up trading the guy my car and 1500. and i love the mustang more than i ever did the camaro in all aspects. so it goes to show sometimes tragedy can turn out to be a blessing cause if not for that day i would have never fell in love with mustangs. so here are some pics of the car that made me fall in love with mustangs. I still miss her though. if you look close in the second pic you can see a beer bottle cap wedged into the frame from when it came out his car and hit mine

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Cool deal man. I had a guy run a red light and total out my 2000 Z/28. I was crushed! I loved that car! But it didn't take long until I had my SS, which was 10X a better car on every level, and forgot all about the Z/28.

Looks like a clean RS though. As a Camaro fan, I appreciate a clean 3rd gen that has a little go with the show.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool deal man. I had a guy run a red light and total out my 2000 Z/28. I was crushed! I loved that car! But it didn't take long until I had my SS, which was 10X a better car on every level, and forgot all about the Z/28.

Looks like a clean RS though. As a Camaro fan, I appreciate a clean 3rd gen that has a little go with the show.
yeah but cant beat the body of the 99+ camaro or the engine Ls1 300+hp stock badass cars but like the way the stangs handle and drive better and yes she was perfect cond aside from the dash cracking like they was notorious for i still miss her though:(

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
That's funny. I had an 86 and it had a LARGE range of problems. But one thing I was always proud of was the fact that the dash never cracked....kind of sad really.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i had a 89 Iroc, it was fun to burn tire and spin dounuts, other wise what a POS with problems and rattles. My lightning and Cobra are 1,000,000 Times better all round vehicals. and i will continue with ford with a new raptor and gt500. all hail SVT

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i got stuck in the mustang against my will, and still hate them. i do have more respect for them, but i am a gm person. i love the f-body cars, have been thinking about building myself a 3rd gen camaro. the 3rd gen firebird/TA's were my least fav out of all of them, but still a good car. glad you like you mustang, have fun with it :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got stuck in the mustang against my will, and still hate them. i do have more respect for them, but i am a gm person. i love the f-body cars, have been thinking about building myself a 3rd gen camaro. the 3rd gen firebird/TA's were my least fav out of all of them, but still a good car. glad you like you mustang, have fun with it :)
I want a new camaro badass and fast as hell even in v6 model

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i dont see how anyone would want the new camaro's. that is one of the biggest disgraces that ever rolled out of gm. but thats just me. gm really got away from the originality of the camaro, it suppose to be a fun, stout, pony car.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have you test drove one they are amazing I got to test drive the v6 and it was fast as hell for being a v6 and handled pretty good as well

·
Registered
649 Posts
if you hate mustangs y did you buy one? and if you like the 3rd gen camaro the least y would you buy one of those as well? seems like a lose lose situation to me....

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
gotta love the American Car--Ford Mustang. Period

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
yup. i found a purple T/A that i wanted to get, and purple isnt really my color. she found this car, loved how loud it was, and i lost the argument :( i can honestly say that i do have a lot more respect for the mustangs after owning this one.

·
Registered
649 Posts
yeah, i like t/a's alot better than camaros. i just dont know alot about them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah, i like t/a's alot better than camaros. i just dont know alot about them.
agreed they look better handle better and are faster for some reason even though they got the same engine but hey i love em all mopar gm and ford (mustang only) ok the grand torino aint that bad i guess but other than that ford blows donky dick and gm has em all beat cause of the vette but i cant afford one

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ah yes forgot about that and again cant afford and prob wont ever beable to afford even when i get out of college with a degree in physical therapy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts