Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone get the recently released roush trak pak suspension system on their GT? if so, how are they? i want to work on my suspension, just want to know if they are worth it to comapred to lets say saleen or steeda suspension systems.

·
Registered
991 Posts
i havent heard of anyone doing it to there gt's but if you want to do suspension work...i would go with a company like BMR...i have some of there stuff and i love it. the steeda stuff is good to but i think its kinda over priced IMO

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought about getting stuff from them, but i really dont know anything about them. lately ive been hearing that the roush trak pak is one of the best handling mustangs out there. does BMR have a modded s197 car? thanks for the suggestion though, i will search some more info about BMR.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i thought about getting stuff from them, but i really dont know anything about them. lately ive been hearing that the roush trak pak is one of the best handling mustangs out there. does BMR have a modded s197 car? thanks for the suggestion though, i will search some more info about BMR.
My only advice would be: The Trak Pak is a very well built engineered Road course car. Its all tuned for Road Coarse. Unless you plan on spending big bucks on a suspension that strictly built for that purpose I'd look at some less aggressive handling systems. Every piece of that suspension including the wheels/tires are specifically balanced to work well with each other. If your set on buying that stuff I'd call Roush and ask them what they think and what you plan on doing with the parts. Just my .02$:usa

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do you mean the DRAG pack?
Probably not. I don't know of an Roush Drag Pak aftermarket suspension system for sale as a kit. However Roush on Jan 17 Released the Trak Pak suspension system like was mentioned above.

Story:
ROUSH® 427R Trak Pak™ Mustang Brakes and Suspension Now Available - ROUSH Performance Press Release

Suspension Parts:(Very Pricey for a street car suspension!!!)
ROUSH Performance: Mustang Trak Pak Suspension System Detail
ROUSH Performance: Mustang Trak Pak High Performance Brake Kit Detail

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah they are pricey im just wondering if it's worth it compared to other brands to make a well handling mustang.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
road coarse, thinking about tracking my stang a few times on the weekends, but i dont want an all out griggs suspension race type set up or anything. i wish i could if i had the money.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
o yeah i totally forgot about that package, maybe ill go with that since its cheaper and i dont want some crazy hardcore suspension. thanks a lot!

·
Registered
991 Posts
not trying to push you at one company but bmr has a pakage deal

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/05Mustang/HPE001.jpg

whats in the kit

LEVEL 1 - Package includes Front Swaybar(SB022), Rear Swaybar(SB023), Tokico D-SPEC Adjustable Front struts and shocks(DSP12), Upper Strut Mounts(SM001), Lowering Springs(SP009), Adjustable Panhard Rod(PHR006), Control Arm Relocation Brackets(CAB005), and Camber bolts(FC001). and its $1629

1 - 12 of 12 Posts