Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 1998 Mustang GT that has a Police Interceptor motor in it stock from factory, kinda nice it has a oil cooler already on it! But my question is I have another 98 that I want to swap the trannys with, are the crank bolt patterns the same?

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
I can't say for sure with the Interceptors, but with the modular motors in general, the number of crank bolts largely depends on year. If you're doing the same year you should be fine. If not, you should be able to keep the flywheel/flexplate (depending on which transmission type you're using) on the car, and just swap the transmission. Crank bolt count doesn't matter as long as you have a suitable flywheel/flexplate. After all the interceptor is just a slightly modified 4.6L modular motor.

Personally I've got one of the P71 Interceptor motors (of unknown year) in right now, coupled to a 03/04 Mach 1 transmission. It'll be getting tossed in favor of my 2003 Cobra motor as soon as I get a T56 for it though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya the swap is with two 1998 Mustangs but just wanted to make sure before I got started.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts