Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 GT. I bought it used and it has no warranty. The tranny is alittle notchy going into second. I was wondering a few things:
1) What is the best tranny for this car( tko 3550, T56 ect?)
2) Pro 5.0 or MGW?
3) Any one have any complaints about the Pro 5.0 or MGW?

·
Registered
748 Posts
a t56 is the best tranny i believe...the best tranny desinged...for vettes, f bodies, vipers, and especially the mustang.

i have both shifters....MGW orange & Pro 5.0 (t5/t45)

love them both...undecided which i like more...

the comfort and adjustability of the MGW andits quality i believe are immaculate. excelent quality and design. the whole product is solid and sturdy and once tightend/set it stays where you want it. the colors never faded/wore off. it looks new (minus some dirty/greasy fingers) I had some trouble hitting the 2-3 shift with it though...could just be me...and being new to a stick as a DD when i started with it...i need to put it back in so that i may make a better comparison.

the pro 5.0 is great. never miss a shift. deisgn and quality are great...you can easily see that it is solid and yet lightweight. it is slightly uncomfortable for me when i reach 5th.

however do know that i am 5'3....thus i am pretty short...i am the leprechaun as my buddies say (or keebs or w.e.else they think of)

they both are great shifters. design and quality are great. i bought the MGW first, and it was installed in my 2000 v6 mustang. i put the stock shifter back in once i sold the car. i bought a 1999 v8 mustang (t45) and the previous owner had the pro 5.0 already installed. i've been driving with the pro 5.0 since september 07. i drove with the MGW from september 05 til september 07. i need to form a stronger caomparison and basis for my opinons on these shifters, but love the comfort of the MGW, while i love the ability to never miss a shift with thepro 5.0---again im short, and i pretty formed my bais for driving a manual on the MGW...so not being that used to short shifters maybe thats why i had toruble getting the 2-3 shift with the MGW. either way i believe you'll be happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks,
any other opinions...i am about to order!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
The best tranny for the car would be either a TKO600 or a T-56. And as far as shifters, MGW is one of the best out there, i love mine and have never heard a complaint about it.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Built 3650, no modifications to put it in and built right will hold alot.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
+1!!! the tko, t56, etc are good tranny's, but the price for conversions are high. if you build the 3650, it will hold more than most people will throw at it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like something to drive every day and still hold up to 500 hp, 4500 rpm launch on slicks!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way I am planning future mods to build about 500 hp. but will get suspension, tranny and rearend fixed up first.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Just a decently built 3650 will hold that, and like I said, no modifications to put it in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts