Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 96 v6 and looking to upgrade the tranny will a c4 bolt up or do i need to buy anything to make it fit

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
c4? do u want to blow up ur car? how u got a c4 u rob a armery? :D

whats a c4?
a c4 is a very good auto trany, as well as a c6

now for theyanks904
why do you want a c4 trany, is it gana be built, are you making a turbo, S,C, or crazzy N2o drag car?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because i have a hook up with a guy that builds them so he was willing to sell me one for cheap and rebuilt so will it fit and yes i wanna s/c and port the internals but i wanted 2 upgrade the tranny 1st

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
because i have a hook up with a guy that builds them so he was willing to sell me one for cheap and rebuilt so will it fit and yes i wanna s/c and port the internals but i wanted 2 upgrade the tranny 1st
is it gana be built of just rebuilt

and also what trany do you have in the 96, if it is a 4rw70 those are prity strong and with just a little work should be able to hold up to any thig you can thro at it from a 6, and porbaly cost less then the c4 will, even if you can get a deal.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont no the name of my tranny but i no it wont hold any more the 215 to the wheels ......as for the c4 its is built to hold 600hp and around $500.....i no i dont need that much but 500 is pretty cheap

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
i dont no the name of my tranny but i no it wont hold any more the 215 to the wheels ......as for the c4 its is built to hold 600hp and around $500.....i no i dont need that much but 500 is pretty cheap
for $500 that isen't a bad deal, i think you will also need a new bell housing, and maby drive shaft. but im not shure.

and you either have the AOD ot the 4rw70, no shure what tranny they had in 96. that is if you have a auto.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i dont no the name of my tranny but i no it wont hold any more the 215 to the wheels
who told you that? your car has a 4r70w(assuming youre already auto) and that can hold about 350rwhp

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
the 4r70w is an amazing tranny, you will need to do quite a bit of modification though to get the c4 to fit right im not 100 percent on how as it isnt a popular swap since the 4r70w is such a nice tranny especially built. can your friend just not rebuild the one you have

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
he probay can but ive been told over and over again that the tranny in the 1996 sux ass and it wont hold any power past 215-230ish

so thats why im looking to change it

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
he probay can but ive been told over and over again that the tranny in the 1996 sux ass and it wont hold any power past 215-230ish

once again, your tranny can hold 350 at the wheels

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts

im not shure who is saying that but try and fine out if it is a 1rw70, because if it is, then
1 the poeple who have been teling you it cant handle much power are full of ****
2 it will be cheeper and easyer to get that to handle the power you want.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

thats bs the 4r70w is a beast of a transmission its ford's prized auto tranny

and white mustang he does have a 4r70w/AOD-E

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i wanna no how much my stock tranny will hold.. also i do have a b&m shift kit already on it.. mostly though i was looking to the c4 because of future plans i have for my car, the power should be around 400 to 450hp.. but if the trans i have now can hold 350 hp to the wheels i may hold off for awhile on the c4... and i realy want to no if their are any kits or parts i need for the c4 to fit my motor.. like any parts i can purchase to put on the c4 to have it bolt up.. and the reason i want the c4 is because of the fact that it can be built so easily for me to hold the kind of power im gonna be looking at..

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
i wanna no how much my stock tranny will hold.. also i do have a b&m shift kit already on it.. mostly though i was looking to the c4 because of future plans i have for my car, the power should be around 400 to 450hp.. but if the trans i have now can hold 350 hp to the wheels i may hold off for awhile on the c4... and i realy want to no if their are any kits or parts i need for the c4 to fit my motor.. like any parts i can purchase to put on the c4 to have it bolt up.. and the reason i want the c4 is because of the fact that it can be built so easily for me to hold the kind of power im gonna be looking at..
your tranny as it is now with the shift kit will hold 350-400hp+ if you service it right, and a built 4r70w will be better for you to do have him build the 4r70w not a c4 for you a built 4r70w can hold 600-1000hp depending on the build

and if your worried about it
Lentech Automatics-AOD Home
if your at the point where you have the power your taking about
you need one of those with a built torque converter

1 - 20 of 24 Posts