Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm finally getting a 3200 stall converter. My question is do I need to get a tranny cooler? If so do I just mount it to the front of the radiator?
Next question..should I or do I need to get a transmission temperature gauge? If so can I just mount it on the feed or return line to the cooler?
one more thing, would my differential hold up with my shittos 315s in the back? my car barks them going into 2nd that's it but I suppose with that stall it should be a little harsher and dont want to end up without a differential

·
Registered
730 Posts
I mounted my trans cooler in front of the radiator. I don't have a trans temp gauge.

·
Cone Killer
928 Posts
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told a higher stall torque converter is actually protective towards your tranny and rear end because of its increased slippage. I think it's more dependent on power output and if you can apply it to the ground (tires).

You will more than likely need a trans cooler. I'm running a 3200 stall and my trans runs a little hot. Trans cooler is next on my to do list.

If you don't want to install a trans temp gauage, you could always datalog trans temps a few times. My plan is to install a trans temp gauge in my pan.

·
Registered
786 Posts
go full nerd mode and do cooler in and cooler out gauges and compare efficiency.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
go full nerd mode and do cooler in and cooler out gauges and compare efficiency.
Umm no thanks, I do not want to be that guy with 10 gauges. 3 is pushing it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Or could be like one of those import guys and mount it outside your bumper...yeah don't do that.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or could be like one of those import guys and mount it outside your bumper...yeah don't do that.
mount the transmission cooler to the bumper and pass it off as mini intercooler

1 - 9 of 9 Posts