Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so Hell Fire currently has 35,000 miles on her so im gonna drain and refill the tranny fluid this weekend .. my question to yall is should i refill her with what my owners manual recommends or something like royal purple or trick shift?? and if i refill her with something diff do i need to flush the tranny and trans cooler if so where can i find intructions on how to do it since ive never done anything like that ???

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also does anyone or has anyone ran royal purple motor oil in their cars?? if so what did ya think about it

·
Registered
244 Posts
Which trans do you have?

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you have a manual use 3 liters of NON synthetic Mercon V ATF. If you have an auto, use whatever it says in the manual.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got the 5R55s auto and I read somewhere that it was like 12 quarts and im guessing yall are suggesting i stay with factory fluids no upgraded stuff?

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
You might as well? It's not like there is going to be a huge difference in performance and it stays within the factory recommended specs for fluids (being as the fluid was meant to be put in there :)) I'd definetly stick with what the manual says with the tranny.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i agree but from what im reading there is really no reason to change the fluid so eh ill save myself the money and hassel thanks for the input fellas

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Good call on leaving it alone. There really is no reason to chabge fluid with that amount of miles and less there was some kind of mechanical failure in the trans.
As far as the Royal Purple motor oil that you mentioned, that is the only thing that I will run in my cars. Not saying that I can prove it is better than Mobil 1, but I've used it for over 5 years in my 98 and I know what the results are.........a clean motor and clean oil. My 06 started getting RP at 6,000 miles. I will also reccomend the Ford Racing oil filter too. Thats the only one that goes on my Mustangs.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Love that PURPLE STUFF :eek:

The only beverage that doubles as motor oil!!

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Royal Purple is the best stuff that is some-what widely available, IMO. I started running Amsoil 0-30 "Signature Series" oil with an Amsoil EA filter. According to my Blackstone Lab tests the Amsoil is quite a bit better but not how much Amsoil tries to advertise. Amsoil is running a promotion where you can become a preferred customer and get dealer pricing right now so it's not much more than RP. I probably wouldn't of switched if I didn't start racing motocross again and run it in my bikes.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah ive looked at amsoil cuz my sister in laws father sells it but I just didnt see the benifit so im thinkin im gonna try the purple stuff for this oil change thanks guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts