Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so here's the deal with my tranny...

i'm having a whole lot of problems with it

3rd gear grinds very rarely and its usually only when it is cold, but i haven't had too much of a problem with it, usually only happens when i shift really low, maybe 1.8k...but it wails like a banshee!!! and gets louder and louder as the revs climb

2nd whines too...not as much but it does

i think 5th does it too(tends to grind a lot),

also, i can hear like something is loose and rattling...when i put it in neutral i can hear it too,

if i have the clutch in after putting it neutral from any other gear i can't hear it. but the moment i take out the clutch i hear like this rattling noise...

so basically i'm saving up for a rebuild using parts from promotion, haven't called them yet...but i know i'm going to need the carbon fiber synchro kit, but what else? would you recommend the billet shift forks as well?

i'm not looking to make a whole lot of power, probably do some suspension work after i get the tranny in, then 3.73, then a 100 shot

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
their reman comes with carbon fiber sync's, and a later model 3/4 fork. it is plenty capable of holding a bolt on car. they will advise an input shaft upgrade, but the building process of their trans is totally up to you. i have one and love the hell out of it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
their reman comes with carbon fiber sync's, and a later model 3/4 fork. it is plenty capable of holding a bolt on car. they will advise an input shaft upgrade, but the building process of their trans is totally up to you. i have one and love the hell out of it.
i'm kind of tight on $$$ so i was thinking of just getting the parts i need and having a local shop rebuild it with the parts from promotion

hoping to keep it under $1300 including labor...not sure if this is possible...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you having a shop pull and reinstall the trans or just build the trans?
probably just rebuild my tranny using the promotion parts...install as well

what do you recommend?

·
Registered
288 Posts
link to promotion parts?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
apparently they don't answer emails...lol

i'll probably give them a call soon, don't have the money yet and the transmission hasn't completely given out yet...but maybe they can give me a quote so i know what to aim for

1 - 9 of 9 Posts