Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Well you only have a single trans mount, ive only found stock rubber replacements. You could always go with che torque limiters though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Che torque limiters. It doesn't help it's probably my 2nd gear synchros at this point I've posted before. Just want to eliminate possibilities before I dump 700$ on a rebuild. I grind going into 2nd gear under full throttle, especially if I'm fish tailing.

I've had FRPP cams in the car for years and I'm thinking the years of vibration prematurely wore out my trans mount?

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

As a matter of fact I believe you're the one that helped me out a lot on this issue BigChris. Thanks a lot for your input man

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Im here to help. I have a spare trans crossmember with mount on it if you want it cheap let me know, if that doesnt fix it its probably time to look into a rebuild.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
To me thus doesnt sound like a mount issue, time for a rebuild.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Id look in to a 6060 swap. Take a loan if you need, have seen swaps go for as low as $2k used.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's way too much right now. I don't need a really tough trans, I'm probably taking the cams out of the car after the trans rebuild

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
That's way too much right now. I don't need a really tough trans, I'm probably taking the cams out of the car after the trans rebuild
why are you removing the cams?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cams sound great but it's getting a little excessive. I'm kind of tired of the vibration and I feel like an asshole if I turn my car on passed 11 in my complex

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will definitely hook you up sir. They have like 50k miles on them but I maintain this car better than women maintain their nails. Well most women lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts