Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be a stupid question but i was just wondering if a sn95 trans would fit onto a fox 5.0 engine? the reason i ask is that my friend has an extra sn95 trans laying around in nicer shape and lower miles then his original fox trans.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I put one out of a 97 v6 in mine

Not sure if the bell housings are the same are not, but the one I had worked fine bolting up to an 88 5.0

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
i put a 94 gt trans in my 91 5.0' it fits but there are a few things that you need to do but nothing too major.

-94-95 bell housing
-like 2 or 3 bolts for the bell housing (a few from the fox bell are not long enough)
-clutch fork from 94-95
-"mini starter" uprade (its just a factory 94-95 gt starter) the bigger fox starter does not fit

DB Electrical - NEW FORD MINI PMGR RACING STARTER 302 351 HIGHER TORQUE 3205 SFD0001

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-11000-A50A75B50B75.pdf

- also you will have to modify the trans mount or make an elongated pklate to mount to the fox trans mount then to the trans itself. or i just let it sit on the trans mount for suport but didnt bolt it down, i know thats ghetto but it worked fine even running a 125 dry shot it was fine.
-stock length fox drive shaft is fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts