Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to put a cobra transmission into a GT model, without swapping motors?? will it fit?

·
Registered
225 Posts
If the cobra trannay is bolted to a modular 4.6 then yes it will fit. I think the only other mods you would need is the tranny cross member and a new drive shaft to boot.
I have been playing with that same idea myself... I want a T56 6 speed for mine.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
yes if its from a mod motor cobra it will fit. i ask what year cause the transmissions are the same for the gt and cobra from 96-99 and i think through mid 2000 aswell. i dont want him to think hes upgrading just cause its out of a cobra if its the same trans.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats kinda what i was thinkin, i wanted to put the t56 6 speed in my gt. Did the t56's only come in the 03-04 cobras?? becuase i have a 96 gt and i figured there would be something way different in those who models transmission wise. so i didnt know if it was possible, i would imagine it would be easier to put a 6 speed in the 2000+ gt models....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know that the 96-99 cobras were all 5 speeds... i just wanted to know all the parts you'd need to make the conversions...

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
i think it can be done and has been done....soemone here did a mach 1 swap and put a t56 in but thats irrelevent....i think if u do a diffrent driveshaft and flywheel and stuff you can do it...IMO its not worth the trouble man...t-45 is a good trans....but u want 6spd...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts