Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after almost 3 weeks in the shop i got the car back they replaced some bearing and the fluid but after driving it again the whine is the same if not even louder than before so the car will prolly go back in next weel

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
:lol Nice

I have been told it could be due to pre load on the bearings not being set correctly. Don't know. I was contacted by my dealership and they said they're replacing my entire transmission.

·
Registered
426 Posts
20 days for me now this Monday. Trans whine, 5th gear grind, and 3rd gear lock out in high rpms. Trying to stay hopeful. I have made a complaint to Ford corp and National Highway and Safety. I suggest you ALL do the same. That will be the only way to get Fords serious attention.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Sounds like my 07 GT did

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mon when its going back will be 20 days for me and i have made a record on the NHS and im calling ford mon. i want a new tranny and extended warranty and if that is to much of i still have tranny issue i will drag this to court and probably not be driving another stang

·
Registered
491 Posts
Curious, of the people with whining/gear lockouts, how many of you "power shift" or shift w/o clutching?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
its probably louder in person because on the video it kind of normal for the camara being on top of the tranny. it sounds just like an evo 9. a slight whine but nothing horrible.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Well mine doesn't sound like that so I wouldn't think it was normal. The noise probably wouldn't bother me as much as thinking something was wrong.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I was told by the foreman it was probably pre load on the bearings. No idea though. All I know is that they finally buckled and are replacing my transmission entirely.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Called the dealer. Car goes in tue
Called lawyer starting preliminary papers wed.
not calling for cus im not givin g them a heads up to what'll happen if its not fixed

·
Registered
34 Posts
:lol Nice
I have been told it could be due to pre load on the bearings not being set correctly. Don't know. I was contacted by my dealership and they said they're replacing my entire transmission.
Great to hear - see they are taking care of you, maybe you should go back and edit some of those posts in your other thread:yes

Now I just listened to the Photo bucket video (worrgp) u posted that's what your calling "the whine" Holy Crap - that sounds like normal transmission sounds to me and no I don't work for Ford.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts