Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the car to the dealer for the whine starting to get louder than normal and just got off the phone with service guy and it seems to be coming from the tail shaft the called ford and are planning on pulling the tranny....this is after they already changed the fluid today....love paying 35k for a car only to deal with this crap and ive only got 3500 miles

·
Registered
199 Posts
welcome to the club. Just got a call from the dealer, my new tranny and RXT clutch are in.....4k miles and the tranny was shot

·
Registered
199 Posts
No fifth gear at all, would not shift into 3rd above 5k. Hopefully the aftermarket clutch will be a band-aid for the new tranny

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
Well from what Ive been reading from the other forums it's usually the clutch houseing it self that burns down the clutch/ kills the tranny and the synchros.

Hope you don't have to pay for any thing dude

·
Registered
13 Posts
150 miles on mine. Low volume whining in 2,3,4. Nothing I could call disturbing yet, but you can bet your ass I'll be keeping a close ear on it to make sure it doesn't get worse.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont plan on paying a dam dime just looked up the il lemon law as well 4 times with the same issue or 30days down time

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In order to be covered by the Illinois Lemon Law, a vehicle must:

have a nonconformity that both substantially impairs the use , market value or safety of the vehicle and is not repairable by the dealer or manufacturer in at least four attempts for the same repair, or

be out of service for a total of 30 or more business days

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Mine also has the whipple whine. I have no problems at all shifting, and Ive took it to the track several times. Doesnt really bug me, since the car has made that noise since I picked it up with 3 miles on it. Im at 8300 miles now problem free.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Mine whines like crazy too. Been to the track a ton. Still whines. Shifts great though. 11,200 miles on it.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update....they ordered parts today and it'll take a few days for them to get in..not sure what
Was ordered but ill post them up when I get the list

·
Registered
426 Posts
So what do guys think of this:

I have 9k on my 5.0 and the tranny has a noticable whine. I would not say it whines like crazy, but you can def notice it.

I have had a few instances when above 5 grand i can't get it into 3rd gear. I also get squeeks every now and then when I am using 5th gear.

I honestly am getting worried...I just want a Tremec tranny at this point ha.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Take it in we have a warranty for a reason a little whine is ok but mine sounded lime a Sc sitting next to me

·
Registered
828 Posts
150 miles on mine. Low volume whining in 2,3,4. Nothing I could call disturbing yet, but you can bet your ass I'll be keeping a close ear on it to make sure it doesn't get worse.
I noticed this the day I picked my car up, I was actually going to make a thread today to ask everybody about it. Glad I'm not crazy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts