Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so this kids mom lets him drive around her trans am every once in a while. it has the ws6 package and its an automatic. ontop of it this kid cant drive for ****. hes saying it has the "corvette engine" with 410 hp when i know its just an ls1 which dont get me wrong is still a killer engine.

after looking farther into it i came across this article
2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6 - First Drive & Road Test Review - Motor Trend

the article stated that the trans am put down a 13.5 in the quarter mile. (320hp/345ft-lbs) i thought that the trans ams had alot better numbers than these especially the 1/4 time. With my car after i get my 555rs and gears/a tune could i possibly beat him with some good driving? any other inexpensive recommendations?

i know we all hear this all the time (all these scenarios) but it seemed like a good match to me plus id really like to shut him up when this summer comes.:D i hate when people drive around in their parents cars and try to show you up.:mad:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
with him being in an auto and not driving it every day i would say maybe...its worth racing him now...the ws6 that is a 6 speed runs a 13.2 stock so make it an auto and factor in the driver error you have yourself a high 13...if your a good driver and can launch....you might have a shot in the dark...just dont try it on the highway...transam is aerodynamic and has a better top end motor...

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a guy on here just posted a few days ago he ran a 14 flat with a short throw, an H pipe, and a intake.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
most dirvers run them around 13.5 in the but with a good driver they have been into the upper 12s. i ran mine to 12.8 stock, and with those mods you stated, hes gonna walk you past 60 mph hard

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
your not beating an LS1 with tires a tune and an intake.

an LT1 you have a shot at though
+1 ls1's are nasty.... or atleast the one i drove was

·
Registered
74 Posts
I raced my buddy in his 97 ws6 auto, with my 02 gt 5-speed. I'm stock. i got him off the launch with drag radials but after 30mph he was walking away...

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hahahahaha^
thanks ill try to get it on video

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i dont understand... how can someone not drive an auto trans am? all they have to do is press the peddle and steer.
maybe he drives a metro for a DD...thats a big switch, he wouldnt be able to launch for ****...like 3.8 60' time

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
i dont understand... how can someone not drive an auto trans am? all they have to do is press the peddle and steer.
first time i ever got behind the wheel of an LS1 thats what i did.........all i did was spin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts