Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much trans fluid does a 2000 mustang gt take. Im ganna use royal purple since i had that in there before. Also how much engine oil does a 2000 mustang gt take thanks. Ive searched for the answeres but i just cant find a direct answer all are different.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
as far as trans fluid--auto or manual??
engine oil - i run the mobil 1 5w20_5qt oil change jug and ...so 5 qt.
my 01 gt didnt come with a manual when i bought it so i was in the same boat. ive heard 6 qt is what it calls for but that over fills my pan according to my dipstick.
so according to MY dipstick...lol (dipstick).. my 01 gt takes 5 qt

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
if you have a manual t-5 holds 5.6 pts and the t-45 holds 6.6pts i believe you have the t-45 if its a 2000. dont mark my words though
the automatic 4r70w holds 12.8qts

·
Registered
32 Posts
My t-45 held exactly 3 quarts before it started coming out of the fill hole.. I used Dex III. Nothing special... Didn't want to pay out of my ass for royal purple...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 2000 Gt auto it holds 16 quarts for tranny fluid thats a whole flush but if ur just changing it at like 10,000 miles its like 5 quarts engine oil i put 6 quarts amsoil is the best fluid!!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I have a 2000 Gt auto it holds 16 quarts for tranny fluid thats a whole flush but if ur just changing it at like 10,000 miles its like 5 quarts engine oil i put 6 quarts amsoil is the best fluid!!
What????

OP, the trans holds about 12qts with the stock pan, but it usually doesn't take nearly that much to refill it depending on what you are doing to it. If you just drop the pan and change the filter, it's only gonna take about 6. If you drop the valve body and drain the converter it will take closer to 8-9.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts