Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i go to the track today made two time runs, now i run an auto trans and i leave it in drive and let it shift it self. Alls well and i dial in for first round blah,blah.
I leave at 2400 except when i mash the go peddle it leaves what i believe is second gear, the shift points were lower than normal as well.
So my question is what sensors are involved in the pcm's shifting decisions? or would a faulty TPS or speed sensor cause this, more importantly i noticed the speedo was'nt working either.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
most trans issues of this type are electrically related.

since you just had the trans out, make shure all the plugs to the trans are installed correctly & are tight (by correctly I meen make shure the pins are straight & going into the propper holes in the female part of the plug)

also make shure the shift cable is adjusted propperly.

short of that, does the car have any code/etc?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No codes. i cleaned and checked all the plugs. but the speedo was'nt working either so i'm wondering if the speed sensor has something to do with it? what i don't know is that sensor even involved in WOT shifting? as you know it does'nt do this when manually shifting.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
the speed sensor is active in alll trans functions.

are you shure the trans was in d with o/d shut off?

how long has the speedo not been working?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O/D was off and the speedo has worked since and was working during my time runs, just was'nt working 1 st rd. so that would lead me to believe that if the speed sensor is faulty it puts the trans into a default mode of sorts? i just have'nt been able to find out what sensors are active and important when i go to WOT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts