Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant figure it out but only in 1 and 2nd gear there is a rattle that seems to becoming from the stick but i checked all the screws and there tighter than a virgin. When im in gear and move the stick around with the little play it has the rattle will stop. any ideas would be great thanks

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
my 98gt has the same thing I still don't know what it is

03cristian

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think I know what your talking about, mine does that sometimes when I'm at really low speeds and kind of feathering the clutch, like if I'm about to make a left turn but waiting for cars to pass by first. I figured it has something to do with the clutch but don't really let it worry me because it only happens at low speeds and it's normal for clutches to rattle right before your car stalls. I never noticed it until maybe 60K miles. I'm now at 94K so it hasn't affected drive-ability any and I figure I'll need a new clutch soon anyway. It's probably just normal wear and tear, transmissions can be noisy sometimes. If you haven't changed your tranny fluid in awhile, you can try putting synthetic fluid in there and it may help it quiet down a bit. I use royal purple with my fluid changes, expensive stuff but you don't have to do it very often.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts