Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure this question gets asked all the time but i wanted to know first hand.

whats a good moderate priced clutch kit, something that will make this new trans last

and should i replace my flywheel

also other then the clutch fork, clutch kit, and flywheel is there anything else in the bellhousing

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh **** also to whats a good shifter to get, i see lots of them available but know nothing about whats worth it and whats not

·
Registered
569 Posts
kind cobra clutch for sure

·
Registered
569 Posts
and get the flywheel resurfaced

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok guys thanks next time i post hopefully itll be pics of my rebuild trans.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im wondering how easy is it to get to some of the upper bellhousing bolts when i go to swap these transmissions, also to will i be able to preform the switch with my long tubes still in there.

BTW nice pics man thats how i want mine looking to

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
thanks.. are u switvhing ur cluth? if your not just pull the 4 bolts that hold the tranny to the bell housing and slide the transmission out even if u are thats the easy way then u can get to all the bolts easy..

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks.. are u switvhing ur cluth? if your not just pull the 4 bolts that hold the tranny to the bell housing and slide the transmission out even if u are thats the easy way then u can get to all the bolts easy..

ok that makes sense, yes im buying a new clutch kit as well

·
Registered
569 Posts
if youre putting a new clutch your going to have to take the bellhousing off you cant do just the 4 holding the tranny to the bellhousing

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if youre putting a new clutch your going to have to take the bellhousing off you cant do just the 4 holding the tranny to the bellhousing

yes i understand if changing the clutch i have to take out the bellhousing to, thats the only way i knew to do it, its interesting you dont have to though if your not changing your clutch

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
anyway im hoping at most ill just have to loosen my long tubes up to do this swap is this correct or is it hard to say without seeing my setup

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
haha e3 my wife just said she thought ours was the only kitchen used for my car parts....I am only in half the trouble thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts