Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
trans tail points slightly toward back passenger wheel rather than directly at the axle input. i can barely see it in the drive shaft too. noticed because trans touches the tunnel a hint on passenger side. is this normal with new motor mounts and slightly worn trans mount? trans mount does'nt look cocked or bent in anyway, just a bit loose. possibly corssmember or chassis moved or normal?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
trans tail points slightly toward back passenger wheel rather than directly at the axle input. i can barely see it in the drive shaft too. noticed because trans touches the tunnel a hint on passenger side. is this normal with new motor mounts and slightly worn trans mount? trans mount does'nt look cocked or bent in anyway, just a bit loose. possibly corssmember or chassis moved or normal?
no one have any ideas? i inpected where the front member meets the chassis and it doesnt look like it moved. also rechecked the trans mount and i dont think that is mis-aligned. should i measure from front control arms to chassis somewhere behind front wheels?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Any problems coming from it? I would measure to see how far off it is and consider adjusting it/replacing the tranny mounts.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any problems coming from it? I would measure to see how far off it is and consider adjusting it/replacing the tranny mounts.
nothing major. just minor vibration in drive-trane only at cold engine/trans. i had found strange ujoint wear a while back and didnt know why, i think i figured out why. i am just fishing to see if any chassis experts might know of any weakness in these year or if anyone knows if most are like this. should have mentioned its a 96 3.8 thats been to hell and back at times. i have heard many stories of chassis weakness issues on sn95 with aggressive drivers.
trying to decide if i should look closer at the front suspension crossmember alignment or if its pointless because of chassis/frame distortion. i might go to a collision expert because there was a small impact on the lip of the front CM. DS of trans is about 3 inches from the tunnel and PS is about 1.5 inch. i think trans only touch if i experience some wheel hop which isnt a big deal i guess.:facepalm:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts