Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help. My brother has a 2000 V6 with a 5 speed. I need to know what transmission it has and what other 5spd can be used with little or no mods. I think its a t5 as the tag on the door has a 5 code in the tr boxon the bottom.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it took a **** on him this a.m. on his way home from work. He has stock gt duals bbl cai and poweraid tbs. That's probably all the mods he's going to do. I need to know what other ford 5 spd I can use without modification.

·
Registered
928 Posts
just put another t5 in it there cheap and everywhere and what do you mean by took a **** explain what its doing or did

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5th gear synchro has been bad for a while and has made a wineing noise when on reverse since he's had it. This morning im not sure what happen but it wont go in 1st 2nd r reverse.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couldn't find the bleeder on his clutch cable.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Hm, well i would definetly find out whats wrong before swapping transmissions. The only ford tranny that will go in without modification is another t5..Alot of them will need diff bell housings and other misc. stuff.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Cant bleed because we use a clutch cable!!! Not a hydraulic assembly. Yeah there are a crap load of t5's around. Just throw a good used one in there. Sounds like some super shitty syncros. Whens the last time the tranny fluid was changed, may help but if its been whining for a while i doubt it.

You can prob use one from a v8 use your bellhousing and input shaft though. I'm also not sure if the speedo sensor will swap out with an old gear driven one.

·
Registered
631 Posts
^^ damn you ford for swiching it up on me! Only manual i own is an 89 ranger lol
Yeah ford loves putting an easy clutch hydro assembly in their trucks. Bastards, lol. OP I may be incorrect on the speedo sensor, i need to check to see if ours is even tranny mounted or wheel mounted. I'll get back with you. I know the older ones have a gear driven speedo just not sure if our sensor speedo is wheel or tranny mount.

·
Registered
928 Posts
tranny

·
Registered
631 Posts
Okay appears to definitely be a tranny mounted VSS. Also appears to be interchangable. So a 94 up v6 t5 should be a bolt in affair. Take the VSS with you just to be sure.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cant bleed because we use a clutch cable!!! Not a hydraulic assembly. Yeah there are a crap load of t5's around. Just throw a good used one in there. Sounds like some super shitty syncros. Whens the last time the tranny fluid was changed, may help but if its been whining for a while i doubt it.

You can prob use one from a v8 use your bellhousing and input shaft though. I'm also not sure if the speedo sensor will swap out with an old gear driven one.
I knew that that's why I said I couldn't find a bleeder on the cable. The fluid has been changed since it started making the noise in reverse but it didn't stop the noise. I have a t5 out of an 85 gt will it work?

·
Registered
928 Posts
yes but youll need to reuse your bell housing and the output shaft I think is a different length so it will need to be swapped and the speedo sensor I believe is different not too sure on that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts