Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
So.. I have my POS '86 GT that I am now selling. I am selling it to a buddy of mine. The trans WAS stuck in 4th Gear for a while, for a month. Then one day I took it off of the jack stands and just sat in it out of boredem, slapped the clutch in, and simply pulled it out of gear.(Note: Before this I tried EVERYTHING I could to get it out of gear and nothing worked.) Now that I am going to sell the car, I need to get it out of gear so It can be towed on the Tow Dolly.. Are there any tips on how to get it out? Anyone had this problem? I neeed to do this without pulling the trans..
P.S. The trans has JUST been drained of fluid, should I Put fluid in it and try it? And what kind of fluid? How should I fill.. Through the top shifter hole?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Thats sucks
how long have you had the car ? whats your plan now, are you going to get another fox body ? if so, there all going to be 20 years old and most are going to require some work

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats sucks
how long have you had the car ? whats your plan now, are you going to get another fox body ? if so, there all going to be 20 years old and most are going to require some work
I have to sell it mainly because of the parents. I am probably going to sell it straight up if I can for like 1400 bucks with my extra motor.. I can break even that way. If I can't sell for cash, I will trade for something with partial cash.. Not sure. Right now my buddy is selling a 65 F100 w/ a 390 Big Block and 4 on the floor. Might trade my car and 500 bucks for that and trade it for a runnin 5.0 or sell it straight for 2 grand.. Who knows what I'll do. I just need to get rid of it as efficiently as possible now.
Btw. I had it for 2 months. But turned out needing more work than first imagined.
In the end. I am going to get another fox. Prolly just spend 3-4 grand on one instead of $1000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts