Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Well I seem to have popped another set of parts! I am experiencing noises"Plural" Grinding, Clunkin and Clinking and squeeling seemingly coming from my transmittion, its a 2000 GT and has been beaten for 11 years so I guess its to be expected but does this sound like a tranny problem? The car was running pretty good 2 days ago so of coarse I decide to stop and drop a 10 foot quick lil smoke show. Well needless to say the very next day I go to the gym and it starts up with some rough clunkyness and a little squeel, I come out of the gym and starter up and all the way home it was squeeling and little intermitant clunks and generally a lot of squeeling. What da hecksy?:eek:

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
I know I just sent you a PM, but this could be merely the TOB. Check the input shaft anyway, but you may only need a new TOB and pilot bearing, not a new tranny.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
re tranny

What is TOB? You think this could be my issue.
I know I just sent you a PM, but this could be merely the TOB. Check the input shaft anyway, but you may only need a new TOB and pilot bearing, not a new tranny.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Throw Out Bearing

Oh Ok I See, throw out bearing. Is squeeling and clunking characteristic of bad TOB?:(
What is TOB? You think this could be my issue.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Squealing and other unpleasant noises are characteristics of a bad Throw Out Bearing.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes

Yes I can, I did a bigass burnout a few blocks away and that polished it off and I havent driven it since. Mainly because that squeeling started after the burnout. How big of a job is it to change all of that? Say I get a new clutch pack, how much work is it to change the bearings etc.? My clutch has been going for a long time so i deff needed a new clutch prior to all this.
can you still select all gears? in other words can you go into 1-2-3-4-5-R ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts