Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my very first mustang. 1999 GT 35th addition. automatic 4.6 I've had it since march 24. Just pulled it into my driveway and it won't go in reverse. I checked the transmission fluid and it needed it. but it still won't back up. When I put it in reverse it will jerk for a second and then sit there. Have I ruined my transmission? And what do I do?

·
Registered
0 Posts
your tranny is gone from what i heard i had an automatic jeep with the same problem and i ended up putting a new tranny in what color was the fluid when you checked it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just got my 'stang back and it did the same thing. i was being stupid of course but thats a different story. i'm the end i had the same problem. my transmission gave out and i thought that was it cuz its been running the original with no work done to it since'93. but that wasn't the only problem, my rear differential was completely done for. if your tranny is fine it might be that cuz when i fixed the tranny it still didn't move. so get that checked out hopefully i was a help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts