Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my tranny rebuilt about 1500 miles or so ago...and already its messing up again...2nd gear is fine as long as i'm shifting at low rpms but if i get on the car and try to hit 2nd gear fast...it won't go in like its locked outta gear, 4th gear grinds sometimes when you're trying to shift into it..unless you do it very very easy...and reverse is nearly impossible to go in gear....now 1st gear, 3rd and 5th all perfectly fine...just kinda weird how all 3 gears on the bottom are a bitch to work with any ideas???

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
adjust your clutch to where it engages higher on the pedal travel, see if that works

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i thought that was the problem readjusted it....where it engages near the top....still did it...

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
weird ive never heard anyone have lockout problems with the t5, just the 3650, are you on the stock quadrant and firewall ****?

·
Banned
837 Posts
i had my tranny rebuilt about 1500 miles or so ago...and already its messing up again...2nd gear is fine as long as i'm shifting at low rpms but if i get on the car and try to hit 2nd gear fast...it won't go in like its locked outta gear, 4th gear grinds sometimes when you're trying to shift into it..unless you do it very very easy...and reverse is nearly impossible to go in gear....now 1st gear, 3rd and 5th all perfectly fine...just kinda weird how all 3 gears on the bottom are a bitch to work with any ideas???
sounds like a broken fork

·
Registered
63 Posts
theres a fork for 1-2 a seperate for 3-4 and 5-r. sounds like an odd problem but i would think a clutch. how many miles are on it? i had an issue with 2nd and reverse and figured out my pressure plate was junk. also had a problem with the clutch pedal stickin to the floor when shifting sometimes

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Did you do any burn outs or anything before this started happening?

I have heard of people shifting the Fork out of place ( sorry not sure what its really called :( ) But they have to align it again, if all the bottom gears are going it 2nd, 4th and Rev. thats my guess. Are 1st, 3rd and 5th perfectly fine? If nothing else that at least worth a look to double check.

Hopefully someone will know the name of what im talking about but i cant remember what its called, if anyone know please help me and him both out. But that would be my guess and to check and mark it off or to the list wouldnt hurt any.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
take it back to the person who built it and slap them in the face for doing sutch a shitty job...

do you have a stop screw shifter?

it sounds like you have syncro or clutch disengagement problems or your clutch was not disengageing and your syncros were working alot harder then they needed to be and now your syncros are done. but that doesnt explain reverse not working.

try these and let me know what happens.
does it shift into reverse when the car is not running?
if yes then are you putting it into a forward gear prior to reverse?
try to put it into 3rd before reverse does that work?
put the car on jack stands in the back,start it and with the clutch in put it in first,does the wheels start moving?
if yes can someone stop them easily and hold them?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
take it back to the person who built it and slap them in the face for doing sutch a shitty job...

do you have a stop screw shifter?

it sounds like you have syncro or clutch disengagement problems or your clutch was not disengageing and your syncros were working alot harder then they needed to be and now your syncros are done. but that doesnt explain reverse not working.

try these and let me know what happens.
does it shift into reverse when the car is not running?
if yes then are you putting it into a forward gear prior to reverse?
try to put it into 3rd before reverse does that work?
put the car on jack stands in the back,start it and with the clutch in put it in first,does the wheels start moving?
if yes can someone stop them easily and hold them?
yea i have a pro 5.0 shifter in the car....

it will go into reverse with the car off..but its still a pain in the ass to get in..but not quite as hard as it is when the car is running...yea i've tried putting in a forward gear before going into reverse...and 3rd to reverse doesn't help with it going in reverse.

i'll test the last one..soon as my friend comes over.

·
Registered
63 Posts
believe it or not i had the same problems... with my g-force. i just replaced the cable but the bitch was my pedal was moving in the pedal assembly. I push the clutch down thinkin it engaging and disengaging and the whole time it was just the pedal in the car moving and not pulling the cable all the way. but i couldnt get into first, and reverse.its a 3/4 nut you could check that too....just an idea

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i've got an adjustable cable..but that damn thing seems to be more trouble i have to adjust it once a week just about...it'll feel good then get on it or hit a gear..and its back to feeling like ****..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts