Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having issues with the way the car drives at a constant speed. When I accelerate, this car gets up and goes. But when I'm at a cruise, I can feel a little bit of pulling. I just can't pin point where it is. I'm wondering if it is in the gears. Another thing is,in nuetral, when the clutch is depressed, I've got pervect idle. When I let it out I can hear a bearing spin, then the motor starts surging. Any suggestions for any of it?

·
Registered
816 Posts
well i can tell you that the bearing spinning noise is probably your throwout bearing...and it may just be time for a general tranny overhaul, your gonna have to pull the tranny to get to the throw out bearing anyways so while your in there get yourself a quality clutch and replace all the parts and freshen up the tranny and you shouldnt have any problems for a long time

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
I've been having issues with the way the car drives at a constant speed. When I accelerate, this car gets up and goes. But when I'm at a cruise, I can feel a little bit of pulling. I just can't pin point where it is. I'm wondering if it is in the gears. Another thing is,in nuetral, when the clutch is depressed, I've got pervect idle. When I let it out I can hear a bearing spin, then the motor starts surging. Any suggestions for any of it?
What does 'pulling' mean? This is a manual trans so none of what you described has anything to do with trans performance when it is in gear and under power. As mentioned above, the noise with clutch out is either tob if it is in gear, or it could also be the main input or countershaft bearings if it is when it is in neutral. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts