·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i change my transmission oil in my t5

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
jack up the car and remove the lower 3/8 drive drainplug(on the ps side) to drain the fluid .on the same side is the 3/8 drive fillplug ,use a fluid pump to put the fluid back in the trans and in a pinch if you dont have a pump put your car on 4 jack stands and make sure its level.remove the fill plug and the shifter.fill the trans through the shifter until it comes through the fill plug.then reinstall the fill plug and shifter.T-5s take 2 quarts or so of ATF.I highly recommend Synchromax by royal purple for fluid.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
i'd say thats a pretty legit answer

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks i appreciate it. My tranny is whining and i figured that it may be low can low fluid cause it to whine

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
You can also fill it using a quart sized squeeze bottle and a piece of 3/8" hose.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
hey guys do you reccomend me changing my tranny fluid since i just got it and i want to take good care of it I dont know what type of tranny it is

·
Registered
569 Posts
if its whining and i recall you saying it was stored in a shack lol, wouldnt hurt to change it.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
i dont think it is whining the PS is but yes lol it was stored in a shack hahahaa so how do I do it I prob have to buy a jack lol
:tomato

·
Registered
377 Posts
If your T-5 is whining between shifts, it is too late to ddo a fluid change. It will be dead very soon.

I know this from last weekends experience...whining started on Friday night, by Saturday the synchros between 2nd and 3rd and 3rd to 4th were chrunching.

C4 here I come.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
hey tiller is your a 5 speed or auto.....i was thinkin you said 5 speed

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
well if you just get some ramps that will work and yes yours is a t5 so just do exactly what they said above

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
2.5 qrts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts