Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The George Forman of Keepers
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive alot of miles (I'm over 70,000 in 25 months now) and I can feel every little quirk in my car. I noticed something the other day and I'm curious if there is an explanation.

Sometimes when my car (automatic btw) shifts into 2nd at wot, it seems to get a "boost" of power for just a second. Its like the engine is throwing the car into second gear. It rocks my head back just a little. It doesnt always do that though. Sometime at wot, it just smoothly engages second with not much notice. I wish I knew what was causing it to get that little extra "umph" sometimes. I want it to do that all the time. It will even make a little "squeek" with the tires on good days.

Can anyone tell me why the transmission and engine do this? Is there a way to make it do it all the time (besides buying something to add to the car).:dunno

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
I drive alot of miles (I'm over 70,000 in 25 months now) and I can feel every little quirk in my car. I noticed something the other day and I'm curious if there is an explanation.

Sometimes when my car (automatic btw) shifts into 2nd at wot, it seems to get a "boost" of power for just a second. Its like the engine is throwing the car into second gear. It rocks my head back just a little. It doesnt always do that though. Sometime at wot, it just smoothly engages second with not much notice. I wish I knew what was causing it to get that little extra "umph" sometimes. I want it to do that all the time. It will even make a little "squeek" with the tires on good days.

Can anyone tell me why the transmission and engine do this? Is there a way to make it do it all the time (besides buying something to add to the car).:dunno
well since you stated in another thread that you are thinking of geting a tuner, with that you can stifen your shifts that will give you more of what you are looking for.

·
The George Forman of Keepers
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well since you stated in another thread that you are thinking of geting a tuner, with that you can stifen your shifts that will give you more of what you are looking for.

Thats cool. Thats part of the reason for wanting the tuner. But do you know why the transmission does this? Is it a design thing or is it just chance on occasion that it does it?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Thats cool. Thats part of the reason for wanting the tuner. But do you know why the transmission does this? Is it a design thing or is it just chance on occasion that it does it?
I know what your are talking about mine does the same thing. There are a lot of things that can change this, a oil change, cooler temps, ect. All things that give you a little more power. Also the way you accelerate, it you ease in to WOT or just slam on to it.
Also when was the last time you had your tyranny fluid changed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts