Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What transmission do you guys have? what spline axles? what size clutch? what spline input shaft? what is best rpm to shift?

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
What transmission do you guys have? what spline axles? what size clutch? what spline input shaft? what is best rpm to shift?
HOLY CRAP!!! We have a TR3650 (I think that's right), 31 spline axles, 31 spline input shaft, 10 spline clutch (I believe it's 11")...best rpm??? Hmm...I shift at redline...anybody else got some solid answers???

·
Registered
101 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!! We have a TR3650 (I think that's right), 31 spline axles, 31 spline input shaft, 10 spline clutch (I believe it's 11")...best rpm??? Hmm...I shift at redline...anybody else got some solid answers???
+1
The only difference is I tend to shift just short of redline. There are a miltitude of aftermarket transmissions and clutches out that compliment eachother nicely as well.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow... i didnt know about the 31 spline axles.... i assume its still an 8.8 right... so if i took the differential and axles out of your car and put it in my new edge would it work

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
They've been using the TR3650 for years now. If I remember correctly, the SN95 Cobras used them.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
There are a miltitude of aftermarket transmissions
I swapped the stock 5 speed for the following. It's rated at about 1100 hp.

FB Performance based on the aode/4r70w
You drive it like a manual but there is no clutch. You also cannot miss a gear. It has these racing components

Billet steel Direct shaft
Competition Hi-flow Manual Valve-body & High Pressure Regulator
Hi Performance Clutch Packs & High Energy Band
High-Performance Intermediate Sprag assembly
Large Servo Assembly
Modified Front Pump Assembly w/Teflon Rings
Overdrive/Lock-up & Trans-Brake activated electrically
Ultra-light Stamped Steel Drum Assemblies

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
wow... i didnt know about the 31 spline axles.... i assume its still an 8.8 right... so if i took the differential and axles out of your car and put it in my new edge would it work
i think the rear ends are a tad bit longer in our cars
wouldn't that mean that the axles are longer too :dunno

1 - 9 of 9 Posts