Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I just got my 2013 GT and have about 1K miles on it. I just started noticing a pinging noise like metal on metal when I put it in first gear. I have been reading around and it seems that these transmissions are not the best but haven’t found this particular issue on any forums that match my same one. Anyone have a idea what this could be?

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Have the dealer verify the noise, then look into warranty before too long.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I remember when I first got my five oh, I used to freak out everytime I heard a noise. but one of the guys on this forum said stangs are rustic sports cars and now I understand why.

I think you just need to break in your car more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you sure the sound is coming from the tranny, and not the POS 2-piece driveshaft?
Ya I'm pretty sure the noise is coming from the tranny and not the two piece. im going to give it a few more miles then see if it gets worse or just goes away. Ya I'm still freaking out about every little noise to just because I have read alot of stuff that has to do with the tranny on this car being garbage.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
Ya I'm pretty sure the noise is coming from the tranny and not the two piece. im going to give it a few more miles then see if it gets worse or just goes away. Ya I'm still freaking out about every little noise to just because I have read alot of stuff that has to do with the tranny on this car being garbage.
Yea! I really can't believe that so many people are having issues with this trans. Fords been using it for 3 yrs now. I've noticed no major issues except its louder and a little more notchy on cold nights, but I've only got about 750 miles so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea! I really can't believe that so many people are having issues with this trans. Fords been using it for 3 yrs now. I've noticed no major issues except its louder and a little more notchy on cold nights, but I've only got about 750 miles so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Ya it is a lot louder then my old srt4. Still trying to get use to that but I'm loving the new car though.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
Give it time, grasshopper.....
:(

Ya it is a lot louder then my old srt4. Still trying to get use to that but I'm loving the new car though.
I don't mind the noise as long as it keeps shifting good.

I'll drive it til the trans is dead and then go T56 if I have to, but hopefully wont have too. I don't abuse the car too, much so hopefully it will last. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Having a TrackPacked/Recaro car that's not abused is like having a hooker that doesn't have sex.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
Having a TrackPacked/Recaro car that's not abused is like having a hooker that doesn't have sex.
Hahahaha ... well said. :naughty:

I'm def having fun with this car.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
If it's ain't a serious thing then say after me "I can't drive a mustang without some noise!!"

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
+1 on what Marc said, also a quality fluid such as Amsoil MTG or Redline MTL will really help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
+1 on what Marc said, also a quality fluid such as Amsoil MTG or Redline MTL will really help.
Hmm i might just have to look into switching out my fluid to and see if there is any improvement. by the way guys thanks for all the advise

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I know with the track pack cars, Ford puts a special additive in the oil for engine break in. I wouldn't be so quick to just go changing fluids without verifying from your dealer that there's no additional additives.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
You following me again? :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I live in south florida what tranny oil would be the best for the mt82?

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
I know with the track pack cars, Ford puts a special additive in the oil for engine break in. I wouldn't be so quick to just go changing fluids without verifying from your dealer that there's no additional additives.
Do you know what kind of additive they use?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts