Modded Mustang Forums banner

Trasmission noise

1K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  jdos1 
#1 ·
Ok guys I just got my 2013 GT and have about 1K miles on it. I just started noticing a pinging noise like metal on metal when I put it in first gear. I have been reading around and it seems that these transmissions are not the best but haven’t found this particular issue on any forums that match my same one. Anyone have a idea what this could be?

#5 ·
Ya I'm pretty sure the noise is coming from the tranny and not the two piece. im going to give it a few more miles then see if it gets worse or just goes away. Ya I'm still freaking out about every little noise to just because I have read alot of stuff that has to do with the tranny on this car being garbage.

#9 ·
:(

Ya it is a lot louder then my old srt4. Still trying to get use to that but I'm loving the new car though.
I don't mind the noise as long as it keeps shifting good.

I'll drive it til the trans is dead and then go T56 if I have to, but hopefully wont have too. I don't abuse the car too, much so hopefully it will last. ;)

#12 ·
If it's ain't a serious thing then say after me "I can't drive a mustang without some noise!!"

#15 ·
+1 on what Marc said, also a quality fluid such as Amsoil MTG or Redline MTL will really help.

#16 ·
Hmm i might just have to look into switching out my fluid to and see if there is any improvement. by the way guys thanks for all the advise

#19 ·
I live in south florida what tranny oil would be the best for the mt82?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.