Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. so i bought a new used tremec 3650 with 10,000 miles on the rebuild out of an 01 cobra..gonna put it in my 01 gt soon cuz my 2nd gear synchro is shot. anyone have suggestions on what to do when installing it as far as parts to replace, tips, etc?...like pilot or throw out bearing..not sure what one goes on the input shaft..and proly a new shifter bushing? and a shifter base gasket with some silicone..i think i have it covered..yes, oil too. im also puting a new clutch in while i have it apart.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Pilot and throw-out bearings for sure. Also look at the clutch fork and pivot ball stud. They're inexpensive so if there's any visible wear at all I'd replace those while you have it apart. You say you're already replacing the clutch, you should also get the flywheel turned to make sure you have a good flat surface.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i was just gonna get a new aluminum flywheel and driveshaft while i had it all apart..thats efficiency thinking, not my wallet lol. my wallet thought second and vetoed that idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts