Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I sold my 68 now I have a 67 coupe which use to be a 6cyl auto.

I picked up a tremec from a 94-95 5.0 Gt, I know I need a diffent cross member, cable clutch, yoke, drivesahft, bell housing?

My main question being will I need some modifications done to the tranny tunnel? I have heard and read that I will need to open up the tunnel more?

Can anyone help me out here and tell me exactly what I need to do? I will much appreciate it!

It will be hooked up to a 5.0

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
22,814 Posts
You shouldn't have to mod the trans tunnel any. I know that was the case on 65-66 mustangs, but only with certain transmissions. You will probably have to trim the shifter opening on the trans tunnel some, that is what I had to do.

I've got a 80s WC T5 with an 87 5.0 in my 67.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You shouldn't have to mod the trans tunnel any. I know that was the case on 65-66 mustangs, but only with certain transmissions. You will probably have to trim the shifter opening on the trans tunnel some, that is what I had to do.

I've got a 80s WC T5 with an 87 5.0 in my 67.
So what is the difference between the t5 and tremec? And when you put yours in how hard was it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah well looks like i have a T-5

Numbers on the tag: F4ZR-7003-DA
1352-246-10337 61042
A guy told me that i should get an input shaft from a 93 T-5 and bell housing, because the shaft on the 94-95 are longer?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have no tranny, and the motor is from a 89.

Off subject, what color code is your fast back in the sig? The red one with white stripes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts