Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys this car i recently purchased has a newer tremec it probably has 1,000 miles on it or so, well the guy i purchased it from just put a brand new centerorce clutch in it when he swapped trans, the issue im having is when it gets hot i try to slow the car down by down shifting it has trouble going into 2nd i have to go into 1st then down to second, same thing with reverse i have to go to 5th then neutral then reverse to back up, and sometimes going into reverse it will grind before it slips in, one thing i did notice and im hoping is the issue since this trans is so new is that the clutch engages right off the floor which doesnt seem right to me so im thinkng a clutch adjustment? cause on my 02 gt you have to let the clutch way out before she moves, what do you guys think? thanks

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Adjust the clutch first, then see what you got. And for whatever reason, with the T5's, you want to go into a forward gear before reverse or sometimes it won't want to go in or will grind. Factory flaw of them.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
^ yep

1 - 4 of 4 Posts