Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the way the gauges look and i want a couple just for looks, like one for oil pressure and water temp, what are ur guys' thoughts on this and can this be a relatively cheap visual upgrade, i havent dealt with aftermarket gauges before, im looking to get a tri pod and then a couple 2 1/16 blue faced gauges maybe? i really like the way the blue ones look at night

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
If your stock guages are broken, then sure. My fox is turbod so I have a wideband and boost/vac guage in my face 24/7. My dads vortech hatch has zero guages and it's ten times better for driving.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my stock ones arent broken i just want to spruce up the interior a little and i really like the way they look, and i have a v6 cluster in my car by the way, so the thought of a tri pod is sounding good right now lol

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind of a price range am i look at for this little project?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that's the thing, im not sure what brand, I do know that only certain brands have the blue glow face gauges. And im not sure on price because I have never dealt with this type of thing before. I can get a double pod gauge on ebay for like 30 to 40 bucks which is a good start

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I have autometer lunar in one car and c2 in the other.. the c2 are the blue ones and without a dimmer box from autometer I couldn't dim them low enough to be able to drive.. the car looked like a ****ing ufo driving by at night.

Im with the others on using the least amount of gauges as possible but it all depends on your preference on which style gauge, how many and where to mount them.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i did notice the c2 gauges as i was browsing ebay and they are pricey...i would be happy with a bi pod, i just think it would look bad ass at night, and of course for functionality, but wow they are really that bright huh? hmm that may be a problem then

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
They are LED and the whole face lights up.. most people can just tap into the stock dimmer and dim them low and they look great but for whatever reason my jewish dimmer wouldn't so I had to spend the extra $25 bucks or so and pickup a dimmer box for led gauges from autometer which solved it.. but it sucked because I had them installed and everything put back together and then had to drive the slut like that for five days while the box shipped to me.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL, damnn that sounds like something that would happen to me, so out of a rough idea what do you think im gonna spend for a package, some good gauges and a pad? the bad thing is i dont know anything about electrical and wouldnt know how to hook them up. and by the way your avatar is hilarious haha

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
To each his own I guess. I have a FP and a boost gauge on the pillar. I'm not a fan of gauge clutter but they do have a use and for me, I do use them on occasion for troubleshooting (I have an old ass FMU setup and FP at a boost is critical). I like the Ultra-Lite II series because they are plain, very clear, and easy to see for their size, the font used on them is solid (not outlined like the Phantom II series) and they switch to a black background with white lettering at night with through dial LED. I have them wired into the dimmer circuit which kind of works and I also put a single miniature almost hidden toggle switch on the side of the pillar pod that turns all of them off at night as most of the time I don't need them or want them lit up just to drive around.

Good gauges that monitor critical things (electrical oil pressure, FP, etc) are going to cost more.

Just my opinion..

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
don't go with mechanical gauges if your mounting them inside the car... yes there cheaper but it's dangerous and stupid... spend the money on the electrical ones and the install is so much easier

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
fuel pressure is outside on my cowl, i dont want electrical because then u have to worry about the sending unit dying
im running autometer Z series all black
AEM digitol coolant temp all black
Innovate Motorsports Wideband blue
autometer autoguage tach black with silver bezel

Fuel press
Oil press
coolant temp
Vac/Boost
Tach
Wideband

the criticals

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ford Mustang Gauge Pods

check these out if you like the glow gauges. I think these qualify for "relatively cheap". I bought some last summer and they work fine (fuel pressure, boost/vacuum, wideband afr).
wow those gauges are sweet, i think im gonna start peicing together my setup, i can get a gauge pod on ebay for 25 bucks so i think im gonna go that route with the pod and then look into some individual gauges on here, i like the blue digital ones, they arent too expensive, so might just pick up a couple of those, oh and that fake nitrous **** is gayyy, lol

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
lol at 500 bucks for gauges. Stock gauges that are inaccurate as **** FORTHEWIN

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah man i dont think i will be anywhere near 500 bucks for gauges lol, possibly 120-$140.. maybe even cheaper than that, there is a local guy here who wants to trade lowering springs and he wants to throw in some gauges to sweeten the deal, just have to see what siz they are and if they will fit

1 - 20 of 56 Posts