Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a set of trick flow aluminum 170 head for $800 firm. Is this a fair price?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Are they assembled or just the head? But yeah that's about what they go for

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trick flow heads
Description 170 cc Aluminum trick flow heads with 600 lift valve springs. Asking $800.

Looking at the picture it is hard to tell whether or not the rocker arms are there.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
jump on it

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
depends on your setup

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not have the car yet so it is not set but I am definitely going to get a 5.0 Mustang. The one I am looking at is an 89 GT Cobra intake, the frowned upon B303 cam, and Hooker headers are the only mods so far.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
1.6 ratio rockers is what youll need

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I get the 89 GT, it is a 5 speed, other mods will include a 70 or 75 mm throttle body and mass air meter, CAI, offroad H or X pipe with mac pro dumps in 2.5 inch. 3.73 rear gears an upgraded clutch, and subframe connectors. Not all at once and there will probably be more to come. What kind of power estimate/ quarter mile times am I looking at with that combo.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whatever, didn't ask your opinion on what I buy when I buy it. I asked what you think of the deal on the TFS heads. But thanks for the concern. Deal on the v6 was not a deal, wiring problems, 70 sold as I was working most every day, and could not get there.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
He's just saying you should probably buy a car that those will fit first is all. No need to get so defensive.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
If there in good shape and dont need any machine work, then its not a bad deal. For 300 more you can get them new

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
consider and extra 250 for a valve job.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Depending on the set, I get 1k for them after i take them apart and inspect them.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
Also when considering rockers note that there are three different types that came on trick flow 170's

Older 170's have pedestal mount rockers (these aren't worth $800)
Regular 170's have a 3/8 stud mount rocker
Track heat 170's have 7/16 stud mount rocker

Just something to consider as well

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Also when considering rockers note that there are three different types that came on trick flow 170's

Older 170's have pedestal mount rockers (these aren't worth $800)
Regular 170's have a 7/16 stud mount rocker
Track heat 170's have 3/8 stud mount rocker

Just something to consider as well
Got it mixed up, track heats have 7/16 and 3/8 are on street heats.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts