Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
ran one on my car. liked it with boost just not worth it n/a. hell i think i lost low end power with it n/a

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn im anout to start building up my motor but im gettin to the point that im thinking about slapping on a kenny bell!!

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
there are a handful of guys here with it, i think only 2 are n/a. you will have to have a set of heads and cams to utilize the need for the extra air.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
If you are building a full race motor then its a good intake. But, it needs high rpms to be effective. And, like others have said, you will loose low end torque.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
All of the aftermarket intake manifolds there will be a loss of low end power, where they make power is at the 3500 rpm and above. So they are really only beneficial as stated above if you are building a full race engine. I read an article where they used the TF intake with the TF 185cc heads and the Comp 278 cams, I forget what pistons they used but the engine had a CR of 11.5:1, with 93 octane was putting out almost 400 rwhp and with C12 was over 400. Add a 200 shot of nitrous to that and you would have a bad ass NA car, however it would not be suitable for daily driving.

·
Registered
508 Posts
if staying NA id get the whole trickflow topend, buddy of mine got the whole topend, he hasnt had it dynoed but the guys from trickflow told him with his mods hed be around 400HP which is pretty nice for a NA 2v

·
Registered
678 Posts
I've got one on my car now but only because the PI intake I had was leaking and the TFS intake was sitting in the box for a future project. I didn't really see any gains. I am going to be using it on my new build though which will probably see up to 8000 RPM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welll i havent done anything to my car exept an o/r x pipe and exhaust because of the high milage.
but im saving for a new motor.
any suggestions???
should i juust replace it with a reletivly low milage 2v or try something elce?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
welll i havent done anything to my car exept an o/r x pipe and exhaust because of the high milage.
any suggestions???
for you mods i would shop for a used oem intake. they can be had cheap and perform better at your power levels. the only reason i had one on my car when i was na is i was in the process of building a motor and supercharging it. if that is the same case for you its worth getting cause it is a real nice manifold.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
any suggestions???
That all depends on your budget and what you want to do with the car.

What do you want to do with the car, street use only, street/track, or strictly track.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I am running it on my setup and it does move a lot of air, but without the heads and cams to go with it you will be just loosing power. Stay with the PI intake unless you are building it or boosting it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as of now its going to be a daily driver.
but in the future im going to make it a weekend/track car.
and if i were to get the intake i planned on cams and heads as well.
my car has alot of miles on it so im in the process of looking for a used motor.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
per trickflow's tech guys a steet version of their intake should be out by the end of the month.

the intake has considerably smaller runners & is supposed to show absolutely no losses anywhere & aprox 10-15 hp gain average.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
what sucks is bbk was supposed to come out with a pretty sweet 2v intake manifold but they stopped and moved on to better things.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i kept my bullitt intake to maintain mid range torque and shift point around 6700rpms. High rpm intakes are great but not necessary for most street/track cars.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
The HPS Hardball'r intake is supposed to provide gains without loosing low end power.

·
Cone Killer
928 Posts
per trickflow's tech guys a steet version of their intake should be out by the end of the month.

the intake has considerably smaller runners & is supposed to show absolutely no losses anywhere & aprox 10-15 hp gain average.
^^^ this is interesting. did not know this. Any idea on pricing?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts