Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered off of ebay what i thought was a streat heat intake.When i got it it was a R intake.i think it may be to much for my car. what are other thoughts? It will be going on a 87 gt built to gt40 specs but with a bigger cam i was told and brodix st 5.0 heads.IT has a 70 mm throttle body,cold air intake,bbk long tubes,mac with dumps,5 speed with 4.10 gears.Thanks for any help.if this is to much intake i will be willing to swap for a good upper and lower intake.thanks for any help

·
Registered
382 Posts
Running a larger intake on GT40 heads is going to require a REAL good choice in cams. So, either trade it or get a good custom cam specifier to grind a cam for you. I'd trade it for a nice Cobra or Performer plus some cash back if the intake is new.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have brodix 5.0 alluminum heads they shold be a good bit better.Trick flow said that the intake would would since it is a 5 speed with pretty good heads i just want to hear what others think.Thanks

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have a BLK TF street intake Ill trade+cash for that r one you got

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have a silver street heat upper/lower i'll trade

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do not have gt40 heads i have brodix st 5.o heads.The rest of the motor was built to gt 40 specs i was told.Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A gt40 spec motor is rated at about 350hp and with my better heads i should be at or near 365hp.Do i have enough motor for the R intake

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
It all comes down to your cam selection.. I'd rock the r intake and if it isn't what you want remove it and trade away plus cash

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
im telling you that you dont have 340 look at the 93 cobra specs, did you but THIS crate engine?

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
I don't get what they did to get 340hp. The short blocks are the same 5.0 302 displacement right? What makes it a gt40 engine
besides the intake and heads?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Those came with 1.96 and 2.02 intake valve heads. The difference in peak flow is 30 cfm (250 vs 280) - do you know which size valve you have?

·
Registered
382 Posts
The GT40X heads that come on the crate engines flow ~230-250cfm, about the same as the 1.96 Brodix 5.0 heads so if you have those heads you may not be making the 340-350HP. If the heads are the Brodix 2.02 heads, you might due to the extra flow if your cam can take full advantage. Unless you know which Brodix 5.0 set you have, you are guessing power to some extent. If you have the 2.02 heads then you might want to use the R intake if the cam is right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the input Moss.i will call brodix tomorrow and give them the number off of the heads and maybe they can tell me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts