Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5.0 Magazine just did a Trick Flow top end kit on a almost stock 5.0 Mustang. It had over 100,000 miles, a cold air intake, headers, off-road 2.5" exhaust, and that's it! They added the Trick Flow top end kit with 24 lbs injectors & matching Mass Air Meter. It made 219 hp to the wheels stock & 312 hp after the Trick Flow kit, without a tune! That's a pretty good bang for your buck!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Those are good numbers. Is that with the stage 1 cam and rr ?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Which kit was it? That is really good. But 220 to the wheels with bolt-ons makes me think it was a friendly dyno. Doesn't really matter, the gain would still be valid.

I'm gonna be doing a TW setup, except I'm not doing the cam. I'll be doing a before and after, be interesting to see what I come up with a tune, and 1.7RR comparatively. Heck I was hoping for 260 at the tires, if that cam is worth 50hp it must be a B-cam in disguise :)

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
I would agree. An all stock fox makes 170 at the rear wheels. One with every bolt on imaginable yet a bone stock engine intake to pan, will make around 225 to 230 rwhp. That's a very giving dyno. It wouldn't have the mph to support those numbers. You'd need long tubes, anderson pp, larger maf, 75 tb, etc, to get those numbers. Most i've done make 300 or so. the best I've gotten out of a 306 with flat tops and a mild hydro roller, ported heads and intake, made 340 rwhp. That thing hauls the mail too. It's got the mph to support it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts