Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the november issue of MM&FF in my care package today and it has an artivcle on the new trickflow 2v heads. They actually put them on a procharged p1sc 2000 GT and they do quite well over the stock ported heads that were already on the car. Its on page 84. I was personally dissapointed because i really want to see them test these on a n/a car with a stock bottom end but maybe they will in a later issue or something. I know alot of the boosted guys have been wondering how they will do so heres your chance to read up :).

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
no link?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
oh i see... your saying go read it in the mag.

I thought the gain wasnt but like 30rwhp in the issue. Cant remember but someone else already mentioned this.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i beleve smoeone on here said it was 34hp

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i dont think anyone said about the new heads giving 200hp extra?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
would that be much more than some stage 3 heads? I think some stage 3's could hang with them all day!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
maybe some stage 2's would even do 30rwhp.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i think these are 30hp out of the box with no porting..

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
man just throw some 4v heads on there and be done with it

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
the trickflow heads that are supposed to flow more than any port job?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
they are suppose to flow better than any 2v ever can out of the box.. with porting i think these will be a fine set of heads.. but will still favor boost over n/a

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they gained 34 hp over the stock ported pi heads that were already installed on the car. They siad it would have gained almost 70hp over just the stock heads

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
yea see^^^ lol:D but keep in mind the trick flow heads were not yet ported

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they flow better than any set of ported pi heads out of the box and trickflows goal was to gain over 20hp over any set of ported pi heads. Hopefully after another year or so will will know what all the good na and boosted combos are with these heads

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also the car they installed these on didnt have any longtubes installed on the car. it had frpp shorties. If they wouldve had longtubes im sure the gains woulve been better.

Who the hell would want shorties on a boosted car pumping out nearly 500 hp anyways? thats like blowing through a straw

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
a pi head is ****... 2000 dollars to be 34 rwhp better than a STOCK SHITTY PI head? And that is a test WITH a blower.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i guess i just dont understand. You spend 700 bucks give or take on stage 3 porting your PI heads and you will be doing some real good wiith a blower.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
but baker...........

the head wasnt ported yet:D

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
but boostang

2000 dollars? plus 700 give or take to port? you will have near 3000 in these heads. They better be worth 150rwhp with a blower after 3000.

Reactions: dcook_14
1 - 20 of 109 Posts