Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone thought and if anyone waa running a dual spring setup. I plan on boosting the car very soon. Right now I have 170s with single springs. Trick flow said they are good to. 540 lift. my cam is .499 intake and. 510 exhaust (trick flow stage1). I plan on boosying 10lbs through a vortech v1. He said i can do a dual spring upgrade kit for $200 and it'll give me up to. 600 lift. whats everyone think? I am on a stock block with forged pistons and rods on a cast crank. My buddy says that it isn't worth doing until i upgrade the block. Trickflow said I will be fine. Mind you i drive this car alot and shes sees 5-6k alot too lol...

more info

car has a built t5z with 4:10s
blower setup is a renegade setup with a v1 s trim.
car had holley systemax intake

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I cant wait to see the supercharger install, it should be fun. Is the renegade set up, where it sits on the driver side where the a/c compressor is ?

Sorry i cant answer your spring question. I was thinking of doing the same thing if i see valve float when i get dyno tuned, right now i have the stock springs that came with my heads but the specs match what my cam calls for... lift, spring pressure and all, but i like the idea of the dual springs.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its still setup to be on thw passenger side. Renegade setup is a one piece crank pulley. Trust me I want it to go on but I want it to last. I am going to need to upgrade my clutch to a centerforce dual friction too... I want input to see if I am being overly cautious or not... all i need to out my Mark VIII fan in is my 70 amp relay from Dakota Digital I bought a working Mark VIII fan and a 130 amp alternator from a local jinyatd for $55.I just got Christmas stuff so play funds are allocated unless I can make some one the side. People want gold for used injectors. I am looking for 42s or 60s. i want a 255 push pump to put in line too just in case.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn cell phone keyboarfs lol

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently the previous owner put upgraded vavle springs in here because he was planning on spraying it.. **** yes!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
How can you tell that

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what springs have to do with spray though.
With nitrous you are still adding pressure to the cylinder. Car traps 93/94 mph in the 1/8th. I won't be needing to upgrade the springs now. I just need to hunt for a new clutch,injectors, a push pump, and my dakota engineering relay for the electric fan

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I think 302army has some 42 lb for sale

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I am gonna wait till January/Feb time frame. I am moving down to Miramar in Feb. Once i get settled in the blower will go on. Greg at Racers Edge Tuning is going to tune my car. Once I get down your way we should try to get a monthly or weekly meetup going. My buddy is in the market for a foxbody and he'll be in Camp Pendleton in February. He wants a clean unmolested one..

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My cam is .499 and .510 lift. with the blower you are going to increase the lift. Anytime you are going to rev the car higher than before it is good to upgrade them ie (nitrous,turbo, supercharger). If they aren't upgraded you run the risk of valve float and destroying your bottom end

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Yeah I am gonna wait till January/Feb time frame. I am moving down to Miramar in Feb. Once i get settled in the blower will go on. Greg at Racers Edge Tuning is going to tune my car. Once I get down your way we should try to get a monthly or weekly meetup going. My buddy is in the market for a foxbody and he'll be in Camp Pendleton in February. He wants a clean unmolested one..
Ya, im down to meet up. When you say your moving do you mean youll be working at miramar or youll be living in that area ?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stationed in miramar. maybe living in santee

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
stationed in miramar. maybe living in santee
Cool, my wifes parents live in santee, so were down there a lot, and my little brother is one of mantenance supervisors for the military housing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts