Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner must have washed this car with sand paper, it was terrible. I am still not completely happy with the results, but it till have to do for now. The pics do the horrible paint no justice.

Before:

During: Meguiars # 1 is by far the dustiest product I have ever used.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are those spots on the fender rock chips? Looks much better though.

You said Meg's #1? Is that the medium cut cleaner?
Nah that's just dust from sitting outside while I was cleaning the inside of it.

Yeah it's the medium cut cleaner, and it sucks.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Nah that's just dust from sitting outside while I was cleaning the inside of it.

Yeah it's the medium cut cleaner, and it sucks.
:lol I have a bottle of that stuff sitting in front of me right now. I thought it soudned familiar and went digging through my stuff. I have that ****. I've used twice. I used it on a Civic that had aftermarket paint and all and it turned out bettrer than any car I've ever done. I do not know how, but it did. I used the #1 on mine one time and while it did it's job, it was just flat out messy and a pain in the ass to clean up. It stains all your MF towels a dark nasty orange lol

I need to do a few touch ups on mine when I can get a damn day off from work.

Looks good though. How did you do that CF hood?

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol I have a bottle of that stuff sitting in front of me right now. I thought it soudned familiar and went digging through my stuff. I have that ****. I've used twice. I used it on a Civic that had aftermarket paint and all and it turned out bettrer than any car I've ever done. I do not know how, but it did. I used the #1 on mine one time and while it did it's job, it was just flat out messy and a pain in the ass to clean up. It stains all your MF towels a dark nasty orange lol

I need to do a few touch ups on mine when I can get a damn day off from work.

Looks good though. How did you do that CF hood?
It works ok, but it leaves tons of micromarring and hazing behind that you have to make sure and get out. It sucks because you have to do a IPA wipedown after every pass because the next step will just fill in the micromarring instead of correcting them. And it is a f'in mess.

The CF has some hard ass clear, so to start with it wasn't that swirled so I didn't have to spend much time on it. But I used Adam's swirl & haze remover and then went back over it with Adams fine machine polish and topped with Natty's red. All the rest of the panels were done the same way with the exception of the number 1 on top.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
wow that car was bad. looks good weems.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
It works ok, but it leaves tons of micromarring and hazing behind that you have to make sure and get out. It sucks because you have to do a IPA wipedown after every pass because the next step will just fill in the micromarring instead of correcting them. And it is a f'in mess.

The CF has some hard ass clear, so to start with it wasn't that swirled so I didn't have to spend much time on it. But I used Adam's swirl & haze remover and then went back over it with Adams fine machine polish and topped with Natty's red. All the rest of the panels were done the same way with the exception of the number 1 on top.
I noticed that REAL big when I used it on my car... I tried to use it on the tougher spots because I running so low on the XMT #3. I decided to just bite the bullet and use the XMT #3 after the Meg #1.

Also while were on this topic, you know the spots that compounding leaves behind? It's hard to explain, but it's like little tiny specs. There are a few of thos on my hood and spoiler. What is the easiest way to remove those with a PC?

Did you also buff your windows? It loosk like that n one of the pics. I've always wondered about it, but never tried.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I noticed that REAL big when I used it on my car... I tried to use it on the tougher spots because I running so low on the XMT #3. I decided to just bite the bullet and use the XMT #3 after the Meg #1.

Also while were on this topic, you know the spots that compounding leaves behind? It's hard to explain, but it's like little tiny specs. There are a few of thos on my hood and spoiler. What is the easiest way to remove those with a PC?

Did you also buff your windows? It loosk like that n one of the pics. I've always wondered about it, but never tried.
Yeah that comes from using too much product, try using a little less, I go by the "quarter size" rule. I have found really the only sure fire way to take them out is by clay bar.

Im still in shock of the previous owner. I just don't get how the car looks so good but poorly taken care of. Well at least it found a appreciative owner now.

Looks great. the Before and After is a huge difference
I know, its amazing how some people think. And its funny, in the for sale ad he had "paint is in amazing condition".

Looks way better man.
Thanks man, its getting there.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And zinc, no I don't buff my windows, but I have buffed the back glass before. Invisible glass always seems to take out any problems I have on the windows.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
And zinc, no I don't buff my windows, but I have buffed the back glass before. Invisible glass always seems to take out any problems I have on the windows.
Too much product? ALright. I don't doubt it... I've always wondered if I used a little too much lol

I used the Invisible glass. **** is awesome. What about the notorious wiper blade scarring? Like when it's humid out, no matter what I can see the wiper blade marks.. Any tips on that or it just a fact of life?

·
What's this Photoshop?
2,426 Posts
Looks good. That does look like some really dusty stuff. I'm still amazed at the neglect of the previous owner, but at least now the car will be taken care of.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Too much product? ALright. I don't doubt it... I've always wondered if I used a little too much lol

I used the Invisible glass. **** is awesome. What about the notorious wiper blade scarring? Like when it's humid out, no matter what I can see the wiper blade marks.. Any tips on that or it just a fact of life?
To be honest man, I really don't know. Try hitting it with some compound, definitely can't hurt.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Looks good.... Want to trade rims?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Hey Ryan; get your ass up here and do mine

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Yes sir....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.