Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the local track started back up yesterday with some test and tune.......i ges the humidity was really low because it wasnt that cold but my car and my friends Cadillac were running really great......before yesterday my best time was 12.20 at 85 pmh in the 1000' and i got down to a 12.02 at 86.....i was sooo close to 11's.....of course thats not that fast at all....my car is mostly stock......flowmaster is all i know of for sure.....the guy i bought it from said it has a cam in it but im not so sure......any way my 1/8th mile was 9.39 at 76 mph....this is with a slipping clutch and a worn out trac tok

my buddy with the caddy got down to a 11.96 at about 90 mph.......its a 95 devile concours......all he has done is gutted cat magnaflow mufflers and he got a custom tune but i dont really think that helped him much...

anyway it was a good time......

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
well the local track started back up yesterday with some test and tune.......i ges the humidity was really low because it wasnt that cold but my car and my friends Cadillac were running really great......before yesterday my best time was 12.20 at 85 pmh in the 1000' and i got down to a 12.02 at 86.....i was sooo close to 11's.....of course thats not that fast at all....my car is mostly stock......flowmaster is all i know of for sure.....the guy i bought it from said it has a cam in it but im not so sure......any way my 1/8th mile was 9.39 at 76 mph....this is with a slipping clutch and a worn out trac tok

my buddy with the caddy got down to a 11.96 at about 90 mph.......its a 95 devile concours......all he has done is gutted cat magnaflow mufflers and he got a custom tune but i dont really think that helped him much...

anyway it was a good time......
i hate 1000 foot tracks

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
cause its not an 8th mile nor a 1/4 mile..lol

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats why i posted my 1/8th mile time also.......

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
thats why i posted my 1/8th mile time also.......
We get that but like they said 1000' tracks suck because they are not a 1\4 mile. 1\8 mile tracks are a waste of cement..

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i was about to say......1000' ft may not be as common as 1/8th but they are more fun because you get to go faster......1/4 mile is the best but there isnt one in AR....the closest one for me to go to would be Tulsa OK......the 1000' is only about 15 minutes away and its like i said before......its fun as hell......i could always race 1/4 out of the street..:D..

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
yeah i was about to say......1000' ft may not be as common as 1/8th but they are more fun because you get to go faster......1/4 mile is the best but there isnt one in AR....the closest one for me to go to would be Tulsa OK......the 1000' is only about 15 minutes away and its like i said before......its fun as hell......i could always race 1/4 out of the street..:D..
ya 1000 would be more fun then the 1/8th but its just odd..i am glad i have a 1/4 mile strip 10 minutes away

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya 1000 would be more fun then the 1/8th but its just odd..i am glad i have a 1/4 mile strip 10 minutes away
rub it in y dont you

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
lol sorry if its any conselation i havent gotten to run down it quite yet..

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just take your daily driver.....i think its fun to race no matter what im racing......i took my 2.7 tacoma 4x4 with 32's and ran a 14.4 at 70 in the 1000'.....i watched a tuner class there once and that time beat over half on the times they were running in their little civics and stuff.....

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i used to race an 1/8 th in tampa when i lived thete i dont think it would be fun running my pos truck. and its $20 to run it..

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what kind of truck do you have

·
Registered
569 Posts
man i would run all the time if there were a close track

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i like goin.......i usually take ice bags and ice the intake down.....our intakes are awesome for iceing down like that......but i have gotten griped at if there was some water still leaking off the engine when you pull up to the line though

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
take a bath towel and place it over the intake and put the ice on top, the ice will chill the intake and the towel will soak up all the water, p.s. if you are looking for a cheap and easy 2 or 3 tenths cool the engine waaay down, pull your serp belt completely ( keep it in the car along with a pry bar ) don't start your car untill the last minute, do you'r burn out and stage as quickly as possible and once you make your run turn your car off and let it coast ( be careful not to turn the key all the way back or the steering will lock ) you can start it up and get your timeslip then pull over and reinstall your belt, this always works and will net a few tenths no matter if you have underdrives or not i'll guarantee your car will go 11.80s or so in the 1000, you'll be surprised at how quickly your motor will rev > : 0 )

1 - 20 of 23 Posts