Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I got a 2010 Mustang GT, I had a issue that the car sometimes didn't start i brought it to a Ford dealership they told me my throttle body needs to be replaced. So I switched out my old 55mm throttlebody for a 62mm throttlebody and it was running good. Now since last week it makes me some trouble. When I'm driving after 15 min my engine makes weird noise and my throttle doesn't react so i need to shut off the engine and let it stand for 15 min than it runs good again. When it's just running but not driving after around 15min it goes to 2000 rpm than drops right under 1000 ram and makes the weird noise so i shut it down wait 15 min and it runs smooth again. Could anybody please tell me what could be wrong.
Thank you so much for help.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Is it a BBK throttle body? If so switch it back to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
My buddy is having the same issue with his 2012 Mustang GT. The RPM drops below 500 when braking hard. We'll check out the throttle body and the alternator after we finished installing the suspension and brake pads from 4Wheelonline onto the current Wrangler project. He adjusted the screw on the throttle body before with somehow helped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts