Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I painted my throttle body as planned, came out ALRIGHT but definitely not a pro job.

Now my problem is, I started the car without the wire for the mass air plugged in, and without the tube from the intake to the IAC plugged all the way in and it was really messed up, then I realized what I did and fixed it, but now I'm throwing code P1120

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE! It's idling at about 1250 and fluctuating between normal idle and that. I tried slightly adjusting the throttle screw thinking maybe some paint got on it and threw it off, but it didn't change anything..

·
Registered
849 Posts
Did you try unplugging the battery for 10 minutes or so and giving it another try?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, do you think that would work? I tried clearing the code with the tuner if that's anything like unplugging the battery

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yes, it's different - unplugging for long enough SHOULD reset the fuel and spark tables on most cars back to factory.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, I went out an unplugged the negative about an hour ago...Like I said, i'll plug it back in, and start her up tomorrow morning and see what happens. Hopefully you're right and I'll save myself the trouble of a new sensor or whatever it would take to fix it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should I try taking the one off my stock TB and see what happens or would I be wasting my time?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Did you damage the tps wire(s) at all in the removal of the plenum?

That code is caused by low voltage. I would check fir signs if damage to the wires first. Did you allow any moisture to get into the sensor while it was apart?

Worse case scenario I would go get another tps sensor (about $40) and install it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually its a very good possibility that some moisture got into the sensor. Should I try taking it apart and blow drying it or is it already shorted or done?

·
Registered
140 Posts
You could try that, doesn't hurt. But chances are you'll end up needing to replace it. Luckily it's one of the cheaper sensors to have a problem with.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, but again, I could take the one off my stocker and try that, no? and there wouldn't be damage to any lines past the sensor if there was moisture in it, right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts